• This is when you hook the audience giving
them a puzzle to work out.
• we have developed the enigma code further
by using the enigma code throughout the
whole film. The film is a mystery where the
audience are left to figure out what the actual
plot is. This means our audience will be
continuously hooked throughout the film.
• a binary opposition is a pair of terms or
concepts that are theoretical opposites, for
example Good vs. Evil. This theory was
created by Levi Strauss
• We use good and evil within our film as the
female teenage ghost tries to haunt the main
character who is sweet and innocent.
• Equilibrium is when there is balance and harmony
within the film, i.e. relationships.
• Disequilibrium is when the balance and harmony is
interrupted, so something happens. This theory was
created by Todorov.
• Our film starts off with disequilibrium as lindsey (our
main character) is running away from something which
is frightening her. We then have equilibrium as the
characters watch a movie together as usual in
‘harmony’ however we then have disequilibrium as
things start to go wrong.
Websites I have used