About a review of the literature
s1180195 Takamasa Hirasawa
What's a review of the literature?
• It is an account of what has been
published on a topic by accredited
scholars and researchers.
Need to do for a literature review
It's two things to do
• Information seeking
• Critical appraisal
What's information seeking?
• What doing in information seeking?
ー The function that scaning the literature
• What use for information seeking?
ー Using manual or computerized
• It's the ability to apply principles of
analysis to identify unbiased and valid
Ask yourself questions
• Ask yourself is the paper which referred to
• Asking from various viewpoints is
• What is the research task of the paper referred
• What type of literature review am I conducting?
• In which range is literature review seen?
• Did I understand how good was my information
• and so on ...
Importance of literature review
• Literature review is point of view important
as a researcher.
• If we can do literature review, we can write
more better thesis.