• Rooms of 4 single beds – 2 in the lounge and 2 in the
• Each room needs to organise to buy two USA – NZ adapters
for the power sockets. Then plug a multiboard into each one –
in different rooms.
• We have had a few change arounds so we need to redo the
room list .
• The new room list is available on the blog and at the google
drive link below
• The Itinerary is now set finally
• It can be found at :
• We will need to drop our bags at the accommodation then
head our so have a change of clothes in the top of your bag
ready to go with walking shoes too.
• Bring back the Pack of forms to sign as soon as possible so I
can get them to the Board of Trustees so we can get the trip
• Please read all the forms carefully so you know what you are
• You need to check to see if your phone model works overseas.
Just google the make and brand and USA to see if it will work.
• If your phone will work you need to set it up to roam ( can be
very expensive ) or buy a new sim card when we get there and
text your new number home.
• If you are roaming – switch off the data and push notifications.
• There is free wifi in the accomodation and down the road at
• If you are going to the volcano you will need walking shoes
and a rain coat and small back pack (school bag is fine)
• If you are not going to the volcanoes then you will be doing
the tour of honolulu then to the aquarium or zoo in the
• I will get a quote from the travel agent for travel insurance but
please shop around for better deals too.
• Remember if you have a medical condition it must be declared
or you will not be covered for it and medical care in the USA is
VERY EXPENSIVE ! Even if it is just asthma, tell them.
• If you are taking an expensive camera or computer then
declare that too or it may not be covered.
• By the first week of June you should have paid $3000 then by
the last week you should have paid $3200 as the full and final
• I will update everyone where they are according to our
• Payments should be made to ;
• Takapuna Grammar School,
• BNZ Takapuna
• A/c 02 0272 0119240 000
• Please ensure you include Student’s Name & Hawaii as a