• Goal: Assess your preparedness and cultural fit
• Key to success: research, research, research
Fit Sample Questions
• Tell me more about yourself.
• Why are you interested in working at Microsoft?
• How did you find out about this opportunity?
• Tell me one of your strengths and weaknesses.
• Do you prefer independent or collaborative work?
• Goal: Predict future performance with past behaviors
and assess cultural fit
• Key to success: telling a story that highlights
• STAR Model
Situation Task Action Results
Behavioral Sample Questions
• Tell me a time when you worked well under pressure.
• Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and
how you handled implementing it.
• Give an example of how you set goals and achieve them.
• Give an example of how you worked on team.
• What do you do if you disagree with someone at work?
Technical Marketing Questions
• Goal: Evaluate knowledge about marketing and industry
• Key to success: Acknowledge assumptions, macro/micro
perspective, utilize frameworks, answer with confidence
• Background Competitive Landscape Frameworks
Technical Sample Questions
• Product Assessment
– What was a product that was marketed well?
– What was a product that was marketed poorly?
– What was a poor product that was marketed well?
– What was a good product that was marketed poorly?
• Other Types
– How much revenue does Google make in Gmail ads daily?
– What is the customer lifetime value of an Amazon user?
– What type of channel distribution is best for the iPhone?
• Compensation: $10-$30/hour
• Relocation and corporate housing
– Rare, but does happen for enterprise companies
• Traveling stipend
– BART, Amtrak, CalTrain, VTA, Commuting
• Other perks
– Food, intern social events, company products