Name ___________________ Date _________________
1) TASK - Write a friendly letter sharing your opinion in
response to Maritcha’s home being a stop on the Underground
Students will work with a partner to –
• read pages 22 – 23
• discuss the events within the pages
• list noticings within the images
Students will consider the information they just learned about
Maritcha’s childhood and reflect on the question, “Is it hard to
2) TASK - Students will create a family photo album to display
within the classroom. Students should include members in their
immediate family along with 2 of the eldest members of their
Students will –
• Gather photographs to elaborately frame.
• Interview each family member to report DOB minus the year,
relation to student, profession, personal aspirations, hobbies,
goals for the future.
• Include an historical fact - students will research to find a
unique occurrence that happened in the year each person was
3 TASK – Students will complete a photo observation handout
while observing the image on page 19.
Students will work with a partner to list surprising details within
the image. Be sure to -
Reveal action within the image
Discuss people within the image
Journal Entry -
Imagine yourself within the image. You are 13 years old and
walking to school. What are some feelings you are experiences?