The fragrance permeates every aspect of life, and wafts into the street,catching the attention of othersand drawing them to discover the source of the aromaand the reason for such a passionate, excessive, and personal celebration.
Resurrection Anointed Fragrance of Worship
• Sensory experiences are MEMORABLE – TASTE – I AM the bread of life – SIGHT – I AM the light of the world – TOUCH – I AM the door of the fold – HEARING – I AM the good shepherd
• True worship is intended to be an ENGAGING multi-sensory experience that employs all of our resources in thanksgiving.
• FRAGRANT – Mary worshipers who.... (12:3) – Choose methods and actions beyond “NORMAL” boundaries or expectations – Come humbly without DEMANDS on God to do anything – Connect EMOTIONALLY with vulnerability, honesty and transparency – Continue worshiping at a high PERSONAL cost
• True worship SMELLs good! “the fragrance filled all the HOUSE” SMELL – I AM the resurrection and the life
• FRAUDULENT – Judas worshipers who.... (12:4-6) – Cover their intentions and AGENDAS for worship – Criticize the worship of OTHERS & disparage it – Converse with phrases that SOUND religious or spiritual – Covet the sacrifices for themselves, longing to “STEAL the show” from God
• I notice and appreciate your acts of genuine SACRIFICE (v.7a)• Your acts of sacrifice are BEAUTIFULLY perfected in mine (v.7b)• There is no more significant OBJECT of your attention than me (v.8)
Worshipthe Resurrection and the Life fragrantly