You must first set up the parent/child relationship controls from the administration page.
To get here simply choose administration from the drop down menu and click the
Ticketing & Events tab. Then expand the Parent/Child Options bar.
• Below are the different options you can select
Automatically resolve children – When parent ticket is closed or deleted, so are children
Automatically reactivate children – When parent ticket is reopened, so are children
Automatically reassign children – Reassigning parent ticket to different user(s) also reassigns
Automatically populate children – Selected fields of child tickets will be populated with data
• After the administration settings
are configured, expand the
Ticket Templates bar to create
a new template
• Click Create Template and
Choose the event name from
the drop down menu and enter
a description. If you need to
add an Event Name you can do
this by expanding the Event
Types bar above.
Next press Add Child Ticket
You can add several Child
Tickets. For each one, you
can select a priority and a
Press Save Template
The template will now appear
on the Ticket Templates page
so you can edit, delete, or
disable the template at any
Using the Template
• To use the template you created choose Ticketing from the drop
• To create a new ticket click
• Proceed in choosing Site Name, Location, etc. like you would a
• The Ticket details page will now
let us choose the ticket template
we created using the Event Type
called Add a new employee.
• Click Save Ticket at the top
Viewing the Child Tickets
• After setting up the ticket you will now see it in the ticketing
dashboard along with the child tickets associated.
Using the Template in the Self Service
• End-users can assign a
parent/child ticket straight from
the Self Service Ticketing portal
• They start by pressing Create
Creating a New Ticket
• The user can follow the steps to
choose the Site Name,
Location and room number.
• When asked “What type of
problem are you experiencing?”
they can simply choose the Add
a new employee option from
the drop down.
• This is the same template that
was created previously.