1. Open Source
2. Offers monitoring and alerting services
for servers, switches, applications, and
3. Uses NRPE(Nagios remote plugin
executor) to monitor Linux clients
4. NSClient++ is used to monitor Windows
5. Monitoring via remotely run scripts
made in C++,perl,Ruby,Python
1. A NMS monitors the network
infrastructure of a company -
regardless of whether only one site
or several are involved, done by
querying via SNMP, WMI and
CLI(here sql call level interface).
2. VBScript and windows powershell
are used to manage windows
1. MultiPing is an application built for
monitoring one or more TCP/IP hosts
2. uses PingPlotter engine technology.
3. Can monitor uptime and
4. Keep track of general network
Protocol used in all
1. SNMP (Simple Network Management
2. it is integrated into most network
infrastructure devices today.
3. Many network management tools include
the ability to pull and receive SNMP
4. Allows a management station (that collects
SNMP information) to poll agents running
on network devices for specific pieces of
5. Usage , Memory usage ,Logged in users
information can be collected.