Tips on How to Make Your Blog Even More Popular
The huge success of the world wideweb in becoming an integral part of life itself over the past decade has spawned a new avenue for thinkers, writers and poets alike – blogging.
And just like the biosphere whichsupports all life on the planet, theblogosphere seems to be the life- support of any writer wanting to make it large.
With millions of blogs being added on a daily basis into the blogosphere and hundreds of writers joining in, it becomes imperative to stand-out in thecrowd to get noticed. While success does not have a sure-shot formula, here are some tips to ensure that one is on the proper path to blogging success.
1. Have a passion: This is the foremost necessity for success, not only for blogging but for life in general. And in order to be passionate about blogging, one must write about what one likes and has authority over.
Authority or knowledge is something every reader looks outfor while liking is necessary for oneto sustain. It would be best to write about your hobbies or your expertise in an area in order to try to carve a niche for yourself.
2. Write with a genuineinterest to help: People read only if it benefits them in some manner whether it is getting a solution, getting ideas or getting entertainment. When you write, it would help a lot if the emphasis is on trying to make life better for the reader is some way or the other.
This also translates into makingyour readers feel privileged by you listening to them and gathering feedback. Acknowledge what is being said in the comments andmake your readers happy/satisfied. They will bring in more readers.
3. Improve your writing habits:Writing style and writing skill are both individualistic and vary greatly from writer to writer. However, there are some traits of a successful blog/blogger. Topping them is consistency of posting.
4. Try to be different:This is the advice to any producer. When there are millions of blogs out there waiting to be read, how do you make yours stand out? By writing differently! Approach the same problem or topicwith a new perspective. In fact, you can even evolve your style based on simply ‘being different’.
5. Synergise:Whenever you write, do not do so onlyfor your readers. You should also write for other bloggers in the similar areas. Winning a blogger as an audience is equivalent to winning dozens ofreaders! Link yourself to other bloggers who write on your topic.
This would mean farming some trafficfrom your blogs towards those of others that you appreciate. The kindness will definitely be returned.
Conclusion: For every writer, these are the best of times as well as the worst of times. They are termed ‘worse’ because everyone out there is able to write and publish.
The same reason also makes them the ‘best’ times! With no barriers for entry or exit, zero publishing- time delays, instant sharing and great reach, blogging can achievemind-boggling results if a few basics are kept in mind.