8 tips on how you tube seo can help you move up the search engines
8 Tips on How YouTube SEO CanHelp You Move UpThe Search Engines
Video marketing remains a techniquethat is often overlooked by businesses when creating a search engineoptimization strategy. Most companies focus on text when it comes tocontent. By doing so, these companiesoverlook an important tool in the form of videos.
YouTube SEO doesn’t factor into theoverall equation which is distressing as this website is very popular. Even companies marketing to other businesses need to take advantage of this search engine optimization technique.
How do you ensure your video is optimized for YouTube and social media sites? Here are some tips tohelp you navigate your way through using this technique.
Major search engines index the speech in the video. They take this a step further though and also index the description of thevideo. Make sure you include the text of the video in the description. You already have the speech written out and it increases your search enginerankings with very little effort on your part
1. Major search engines index the speech in the video. They take this a step further though and also index the description of thevideo. Make sure you include the text of the video in the description. You already have the speech written out and it increases your search enginerankings with very little effort on your part
2. Did you know that YouTubeacknowledges those videos which arewatched longer with relevancy credits?Videos which are more engaging tend to be watched longer so more relevancy credits are given.
YouTube considers them to be of higher quality and it shows in the search engine rankings. Make sureyour video is engaging for this reason.With approximately 60 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute, yours must stand out.
3. Pay attention to the channel you are posting your video to. It is best to putyour video on a channel which features many videos on the same topic. Rankings will be better and the videowill be seen by more people as viewers comment on it, like it and share it.
4. Make use of anywhere from five toseven tags for each video you place onthe site. This is of great importance for YouTube SEO. When you do so, yourvideo will show up anytime videos with similar tags are played. The video receives additional views when this is the case.
5. Create a title using your keyword and keep it under 66 characters long.Anything long than this and the searchengines crop it. The description should be a minimum of two sentences andcontain the keyword and it variations. Insert a link at the beginning of the description as the entire descriptionwon’t show unless the viewer hits the ‘show more’ button.
6. Locate websites willing to embed your video into their site. One way to do this is to click on videos that are similar to yours. Click on them and choose the ‘show video statistics’ option. Here you will see ‘significant discovery events’. This shows whichsites have embedded the videos similarto yours. Contact them as they may bewilling to place yours on their site also.
7. HD videos rank higher than theirstandard definition counterparts each and every time. Never overlook the importance of HD when creating a video. Your site won’t rank as well if you do.
8. When you name the video file, include your keywords. Although theviewer won’t see the video file name,YouTube gives relevancy credits basedon it. Remember this and change your video name before you upload it for better results.