Basic tool for uploading videos–
Here is a short presentation on Vimeo which is a video making tool.
You can make a 30 second vimeo video for Free.
FOR THE SOUND
founded by a group of filmmakers
and artists who wanted to share
creative work and personal
Technical Help and Support
is available for uploading a video
Enhance your videos
Add Looks and Music to your videos, right on
Vimeo on Mobile devices is like a unicorn
breakdancing. It's awesome.
In terms of the topic of open
educational resources (OER) and
engendering support for Jorum OER’s
You can watch videos, follow people, channels and forums and
groups and discover how to engender support for the use of
• Vimeo has 864 videos on OER https://vimeo.com/search?q=oer
• Vimeo lists the people/ you can follow them in relationt o OER
• Vimeo has OER CHANNELS
Accessibility and Usability
• Frequently asked questions page
• Different Forum pages – community discussions , help and
• The forums are place to talk, share, and learn.
• Video sound breaks up in alot of videos
• You can search for videos and watch them
• There are rules that constrict uploading a video
• You can download in different formats
• You can add videos to groups and channels and to social
media sites such as twitter and facebook
Consider Vimeo in terms of Inclusion ?
There are different perspectives in the videos, forums, channels. You can
follow and message individuals. You can upload videos to Dropbox,
mobile apps, and desktop apps – in terms of inclusion it tries to reach a
wide audience?. You can follow people and be followed.
In the tools menu there is the feed manager, find friends, invite
friends, - which in terms of inclusion is good?
Consider accessibility and inclusion issues?
Browse the Creative Commons licensed videos on Vimeo. Learn about what you
can and can't do with other people’s videos on Vimeo to help you share, rework
and reuse legally.
Issue: As you can only upload videos in terms of accessibility there doesnt seem
to be alternative file formats such as a transcript or an epub version although you
can download the videos in different formats so maybe in terms of accessibility
this is adequate? I suppose you have the option to access the different file formats
and reuse, remix, revise and distribute those??
Vimeo makes it EASY
To upload the videos you take.
Vimeo likes many different kinds of file formats.
Vimeo has great tools so you can make sure your videos look amazing.
Vimeo supports HD!
SHARE- FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND THE WIDER WORLD
CONNECT WITH PEOPLE
LEARN TO MAKE BETTER VIDEOS https://vimeo.com/videoschool
TO UNDERSTAND PRIVACY CONTROLS – YOU DECIDE who gets to see your videos
and where they can be shown
10. . There are lots of ways to discover amazing videos on Vimeo. Find what interests
you through Categories, join communities around videos in Groups, and browse
thousands of Channels organized by theme.
11. Vimeo Video School can help anyone sharpen their skills or pick up a few new
ones. Our lessons are fun and friendly, and often make use of helpful video
tutorials created by Vimeo members.
What is there to like about Vimeo?
• It focusses on the community
• Vimeo is built on the principles of
support, community and likeminded people
with similiar passions
Trying out media tools
• Create a trial artefact using the tool that sets out the
reasons for selecting it. This is to further familiarise yourself
with its use and to demonstrate its potential to other
students. State why you chose it and why you preferred it
• The reason why I chose vimeo is because I wanted to learn
how to upload a video. I cant say just yet that I prefer it
over other tools. The potential of Vimeo for students is
that you can search topics such as OER’s and watch videos
on OER’s. The down side of Vimeo in the context of
uploading a video is that there are RULEs in terms of
https://vimeo.com/upload uploading videos which
constrict remixing, sharing, redistributing and revising .