Researching InformationFrom a given set of Information
1. Competing to hire the best and motivate the rest Job hirer’s story HR practices / Business strategies to maintain ‘talent’ / people Availability of existing & new Talent – in future higher demand lower availability Life span demands a longer duration in work life Outsourcing to reduce costs
2. How individuals can survive in the new world of work Job seeker’s story Challenges in the job market Continuous upgradation of skills is required Job hoping to rise rather than continuing Fulfilling jobs are available instead of mundane ones Due to changing dynamics – social, business, health etc – newer job opportunities are arising Short term versus long term jobs
3. In the new world of work, unemployment is high yet skilled and talented people are in short supply. Matthew Bishop explains Imbalance of job distribution – across the world, across economies, within a country
4. The new world of work needs to be fair as well as efficient Stress on the employment demands due to globalization – opening of economies. Plus point of getting benefits but at some counts loosing out too. Skills demand-supply management – countries loosing out as there seems to be a mismatch between the education sector and industry. (Special focus has been brought in India by businesses by initiating such education programs or upskilling existing force Strong and stable govt policies to create positive environment for business to expand, entrepreneurs to launch newer business models – leading to more, newer jobs Balance of load the flexibility of the labour market – young vs older, existing or non-existing flexibility, extent of flexibility
5. Employers are getting free workers, interns are getting a free education Pros and cons of Internship as a (work) culture. Is it pure learning for the intern or there much more too it? Is it getting cheap labour for the organization? How many of the youngsters are actually able to take this approach?
6. Divisions are getting deeper7. Policymakers can help create jobs, up to a point8. Job-hunting lessons for young Egyptians