This PPT talks about the growing importance of video marketing in the content marketing domain and focuses on the methods companies can employ to enhance their visibility and to market their brands better.
Why resort to Video Marketing? Rapidly-growing technique for increasing brand recognition and loyalty. Provides companies with a more meaningful way to interact with (and grow) audiences than traditional video marketing. Given a choice, consumers will turn away from traditional advertisements but the audiences themselves choose to watch online branded videos when the content is engaging and informative.
3 reasons videos are an integral part ofonline marketing : 1. Visitor Engagement 2. Lengthier website visits 3. Great SEO
And this trend is gaining momentum dueto: Increasing no. of online video consumers Growing use of marketing through social media Low barriers to entry Improved production quality Enhanced distribution options
1. Repurposed Television Commercial Taking previously filmed television commercial and placing it online Seen as a way to extend the marketing power of dollars spent creating the ad Since ad is already created, it costs nothing to upload it and every view received is a bonus Example : Apple does this by releasing their commercials not only on TVs but also on their YouTube page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXTzzxiCfPw
2. Viral VideoA logical follow-up to the first point, this is intended only for getting views online Costs more to create ads for online consumption that are separate from traditional TV ads Brands figuring out ways to avoid breaking their budget when creating web-original videos Example : Flash-mobs,Gangam Style, Harlem Shakes and now the latest Pistah videos. T-mobile and Coke had great success with their flash mob dance ads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjTsqBtSFUo
3. Branded Web Series This is when a company eschews traditional advertising techniques (and even traditional viral video techniques) to create original webisodes The brand’s messaging is conveyed to the audience through product placement or overt plot points Example : The Mortal Kombat legacy series which raked up millions of views. It was an entertaining and original series(for some) and helped spread buzz and awareness for the new Mortal Kombat video game that was released. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA
4. Product Placement This involves placing a brands logo or product prominently in the popular entertainment videos of others Rather than creating your own video, its like hopping on the bandwagon of another popular entity by associating your brand with it. Example : The NBA Dunk contest which Blake Griffin won with a dunk over a car. The brand that hogged attention – KIA (the car brand) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41EFwuBqEUA
5. Demonstration/Product videosA lot of online retailers are finding success with product demonstration videos, which increase conversions Once the customer is on the website, viral marketing ceases to be important while making the sale gathers all the importance Visual evidence of a properly functioning product puts consumers at ease and helps settle their internal debate about whether or not to buy. Example: Websites like shopnineteen.com provide this video demonstration of their apparels
6. Testimonials Nothingbetter than getting a customer to testify your brand, and that too online (through video testimonials) Example: Phone/gadget reviews, hair-oil users other product users’ testimony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0inxiO2OA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUz4sutZgq4
7. Video Display Ads Nothing Many companies prefer to create short video ads that run as display ads on popular websites. Itsa more reliable way to ensure viewers since a viral video attempt has no assurance of getting views, but top publishing sites can usually promise certain pageview numbers. Example: Ads placed at the top of youtube home page and also ads before the videos on youtube
8. Special Messages Sometimes a piece of news or a current event warrants special messages from brands Example:The apology video by Dominos CEO when the employee created video went viral. They thought best way to begin building back the customers trust was to admit the mistake and apologize... which they did through online video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvg4-E2C8UE
9. The Unsubscribe Video Some brands use unsubscribe videos to re-engage their customers during the process Example: Groupon had a video which allowed the user to ‘punish’ derrick for sending e-mails which the user found irrelevant Brilliant concept to bring back consumers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F30ME4eXWw
10. Creating whiteboard animation Used to deliver long messages. Whiteboard animation ensures that everything moves at an engaging pace and reduces the fear of losing audience. Downside : Costly! Minimum $2000 for a 60 second video Example: RSA’s animations - Dan Pink’s talk about the hidden trusts behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u6XAPn uFjJc#!