Digital and Social Marketing for Sustainable Companies
The Sustainable Cosmetics
What is the value of green
marketing? Why should my
company invest it?
want to know
about your CSR
initiatives and the
It’s An Authentic Part Of Your
“greenwashing.” If you
have an authentic
CSR initiatives are an
authentic part of your
story. It’s not a
Employee & Consumer
By shining a spotlight on
commitments, you can
also give employees and
customers the chance to
participate in your
Be An Inspiration
Speaking openly about
your sustainability goals,
challenges, and initiatives
helps elevate your
company as an industry
leader. Your green
marketing can inspire
others to follow your lead.
What are the elements of
Successful green marketing campaigns are true to your
brand and integrated into your overall story.
● Just getting started? Bring your marketing + CSR teams together to
determine messaging for your campaigns.
● Make your green goals and programs part of your overall brand story.
● Talk about green initiatives on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and all of
your other social channels.
Being transparent about where you are & where you want to
go is key to any green marketing campaign. It’s how you
● Clearly communicate your challenges and shortcomings to stakeholders.
● State goals, track progress, and share this progress via social media and
your other communications channels.
● Messed up? It happens. Tell your audience why you failed and how you plan
to approach the problem differently.
Storytelling + Data
Like any marketing campaign, green marketing campaigns
should tell a story--a powerful story backed up with strong data
● Collect stories, and then figure out how you can map those stories to specific
metrics and data points that paint a broader picture.
● Present data in a way that makes sense to an average person.
● Take advantage of different social channels and media formats to tell your
story in new and engaging ways.
Employee & Consumer
Great green marketing isn’t about just telling a story. It’s about
giving your consumers and employees the chance to
participate in that story.
● Come up with clear action steps that various audiences can take to support
your sustainability efforts.
● Use social media and your other communications channels to reach those
audiences and give them a meaningful way engage.
● Track employee and consumer participation so you can tell the story of that
engagement later on.
1. Integrate green marketing with your overall
2. Be honest. Share your successes as well as your
3. Use social media, infographics, video, and more
to tell an engaging story.
4. Give your customers and employees a way to
5. Back up anecdotes with big-picture data.