Be the first to like this
Media coverage summary for the opening event to show Fairview House’s 7,000 sq feet which now features a modern Edwardian style interior with luxury executive offices.
The house was originally built in 1892 for Sir Dr. John Reid, honorary physician to the Queen of England, and his wife Lady Georgina Reid, founder of the Vancouver Council of Women. From 1900 to 1910, Fairview House was home to Sir Walter C. Nichol former owner and editor of the Province newspaper and 12th Lieutenant-Governor of British Columbia.
To match the original character of the house, the interior was completely redone with 9’9” foot ceilings, decorative dark wood wainscoting, white walls and crown molding, new walnut flooring, updated electricity, data cable, lighting, plumbing and heating, plus modern conveniences and luxuries.