The results are in! View a summary of the key findings from a 2014 technology study by mindsight and Survey Analytics as featured in CNBC, Yahoo Finance, Consumer Technology Daily News and more.
The survey was conducted in April 2014 to U.S. general population over the age of 18. We received nearly 9,000 completes at a 95% confidence level. Scroll through the presentation to see the questions asked and dive into the methodology of the study.
What Consumers Told Us:
- PHONES AND COMPUTERS ARE THE HARDEST TO LIVE WITHOUT
- MANY DISCOVER IN THE APP STORE OR FROM FRIENDS/FAMILY
- SOCIAL NETWORKING AND GAMES ARE MOST POPULAR APPS
- THEY HAVE MANY MORE APPS INSTALLED THAN THEY TYPICALLY USE
- THEY DOWNLOAD APPS MUCH MORE THAN THEY TYPICALLY DELETE
- THEY LIKE FREE APPS WITHOUT ADS
- MOST HAVE A CABLE SUBSCRIPTION, AND MANY ARE WILLING TO TRY DITCHING IT FOR OTHER SERVICES
- THOSE WHO WON’T SAY THEY’RE HAPPY WITH WHAT THEY HAVE
- OVER 60% CLAIM THEY’RE WELL VERSED IN CLOUD COMPUTING
- OVER HALF ARE REGULARLY BACKING UP THEIR DATA
- THEY SCAN FOR VIRUSES AND THREATS QUITE FREQUENTLY