1) Which is the world’s biggest car manufacturer?
2) Which is the world’s largest peninsula?
3) There are two airports in Bangalore. However the older airport has been given to a company for testing
their aeroplanes. Which company is this?
4) What is the name of fiction character Phantom’s horse’s name?
5) Full form of NSIC
6) Oldest Popular Newspaper (English) of India
7) Where is Indian Institute of Sports situated?
8) Old name of Table Tennis
9) Which 1981 movie was remade in 2013 with the same name directed by Rahul Dhawan?
10) Swaraj Movement was started by whom?
11) In which Indian City is underground railway still in use?
12) On which date did India join the United Nations? (As a member)
13) If Jaipur is called the pink city, which city of Rajasthan is called Golden City?
14) Which Mughal Ruler introduced the Mansabdari system in India?
15) Total number of Lok Sabha seats is ________
16) Who is the first Indian who won the All England Badminton Championship?
17) Which is the busiest airport in the world?
18) Cape of Good Hope was discovered by _______
19) In which airport in the world are only 8 pilots certified to land? (Clue: It is the only international airport
of an Asian country near India.)
20) Which hospital group are K Hari Prasad and Satya Narayanga CEOS of?
21) What can you connect
(i) Double Tree and Hhoners
(ii) Viera (Plasma Televisions of which electronic company)
(iii) Inspiron (By which computer company)
22) This building was fully damaged in a fire in 1983. Which building of Chennai is this? (Hint: It was remade
in 1993 and Aircel has it’s offices over here.)
24) Who is the largest Internet user in the world?
25) With which of the following activities, Golden Globe Awards are associated?
1 Social work
4 Women education
26) The finals of the Uber Cup 2014 and Thomas Cup 2014 are to be held at which Indian city?
27) Out of these who recently created 15 sixes record in ODI series?
28) Which desert covers much of northern Africa?
29) Which sea separates Europe from Africa?
30) In which US city would you find Brooklyn and the Bronx?
31) What is the capital city of Spain?
32) Sheriff Woody Pride and Buzz Light-year are major characters in which series of films
33) In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, what is Charlie’s surname?
34) Who leads a gang of outlaws in Sherwood Forest?
77. Full form of RSVP?
78. Full form of CRY?
79. What is the show in which Cyrus Broacha teased Tamilnadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha about the restrictions
of Sri Lankan players not to play in her state?
80. Which city is called the city of Joy?
81. What are the 4th and 5th tallest buildings of the world?
82. In which country was IPL 2010 played at?
83. Which car had won the 2013 car of the year award
84. Who owns ICICI Bank?
85. Which company presented the maximum sixes award during IPL 6
86. Which show runs on Sony for the past 16 years?
87. What is the name of the Tamil edition of Kaun Banega Crorepati?
88. Name Mukesh Ambani’s house.
89. Full form of
92. Which company caters to various airlines and airports through out India (Including Air India)?
93. Which is the only double decker train in India?
94. What is the tallest man made residential complex in the world?
95. Who is India’s best Quiz master?
96. Vivek express travels from __________ to _____________
97. WHICH LEGENDARY PLACE NEAR MYSORE HAS A FAMOUS TEMPLE AND THE TOMB OF TIPU SULTAN
98. IN 1985 WHICH BANK AQQUIRED LAKSHMI COMMERCIAL BANK
99. THE ________ RAILWAY IS VERY FAMOUS IN INDIA.
100. _______ IS A FAMOUS HILL STATION ON THE MUMBAI- PUNE EXPRESSWAY
101. FULL FORM OF IDFC
102. WHICH NATIONAL PARK IS LOCATED NEAR HARIDWAR?
103. ABN AMRO IS NOW _______
104. FULL FORM OF HD
105. Film Barfi is nominated for which film awards?
106. Kitchen Ke superstars is tagline for which Indian reality show airing on Star plus?
107. WHAT IS THE SAUCE OF THE MIDDLE EASTERN DISH FALAFEL CALLED?
108. WHAT IS THE MAIN EXPORT OUT OF CUBA
109. HOW MANY PLAYERS PLAY IN AN ICE HOCKEY TEAM?
110. WHAT FLAG IS SHOWED IN MOTOR RACING TO THE WINNER?
111. WHEN TANKERS WERE FIRST INTRODUCED?
112. WHEN WAS MICHEAL JACKSON ‘THRILLER’ INTRODUCED? (A GREAT SUCCESS AND ONE OF THE BEST
MUSIC VIDEOS EVER MADE)
113. HOW MANY STOMACHS DOES A COW HAVE?
114. HOW MANY CARATS ARE THERE IN PURE GOLD
115. IN WHICH OCEAN IS HAWAII SITUATED?
116. The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) on 6 March 2013 cleared the investment proposal of which
Budget carrier to launch the new airline along with Tata Group and Arun Bhatia's Telstra Trade place?
117. Which telecom company in the month of March 2013 launched high quality voice service for its subscribers in
Kenya, Rwanda, Malawi and Nigeria in the African sub-continent?
118. Which region is Coimbatore situated of Tamil nadu?
119. Vijay Malaya’s F1 Team?
120. The Ochterlony Monument was built in 1848 by Sir David Ochterlony to commemorate his victory in the Nepal
War (1814 – 1816). What was it renamed as after India achieved independence?
121. Which author are a Bengali writer and an Oscar winning film director?
122. Lata Mangeshkar was awarded the Padma Bhushan in which year?
123. Where is the headquarters of Microsoft and Intel located?
124. Where was the 1st ODI match played in India?
125. Today Cadbury uses high quality cocoa beans from which location?
126. Name the annual fair of Rajasthan that is famous for its camel trading event? (Or name the place)
127. Tipu Sultan made peace with the ____________in 1784.
128. Which Indian State has most airports?
129. In Harry Potter, what are the numbers on the front of the Hogwarts Express?
130. On a special day Google puts something on its front page. What is it called?
131. The new route between Agra and Noida via Mathura which was planned and executed by Jaypee group is called
132. In the 26/11 attacks which 5 star hotel got attacked other then the Taj Hotel?
133. Which country did the famous book, cartoon and film Tintin orginate from?
134. Lisbon is the capital of which country?
135. JSCA Stadium is located in which Indian city?
136. Sunil Gavaskar made his Test debut against which country in 1971?
137. Which company has developed the ever cool technology?
138. Which Tamil movie was remade in Hindi titled 13 B with some cast changes?
139. In which did London host it’s last Olympics before 2012
140. Which automotive company used to produce the ‘Escort’
141. Which Airline group was purchased by Vijay Malaya and renamed Kingfisher Red?
142. Which music composer composed music for Chennai Express?
143. Who wrote two states and revolution 2020
144. Which Cricketer hosts Tax your brain on NDTV Profit?
145. After which Delhi Sultan is the Delhi Cricket Stadium named after?
146. How many passes in Ladakh are there?
147. The office of the president of USA is called the ________
148. The home of the governor of state in India is called ___________
149. The country called Little India is __________
150. According to 2001 census, which state has the highest literacy rate?
151. On account of its numerous temples, which city is also known as the 'Cathedral City of India’?
(A) Madurai (Tamil Nadu)
(B) Haridwar (Uttarakhand)
(C) Bhubaneswar (Orissa)
(D) Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh
152. In which city would you come across Sidi Bashir Mosque, famous for its Shaking Minarets (Jhulta Minar)?
(A) Agra (Uttar Pradesh)
(B) Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
(C) Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
(D) Srinagar (Jammu & Kashmir)
153. Paradip port, a major port on the Bay of Bengal, is located in which Indian state?
(B) West Bengal
(C) Tamil Nadu
(D) Andhra Pradesh
154. Where was the 'Project Tiger', the tiger protection programme, launched on 1 April 1973?
(A) Simlipal National Park (Orissa)
(B) Kanha National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
(C) Ranthambhore National Park (Rajasthan)
(D) Corbett National Park (Uttarakhand)
155. In addition to main Bombay Bench, where are the three other benches of Bombay High Court located?
(A) Pune, Nasik and Aurangabad
(B) Panaji (Goa), Pune and Nagpur
(C) Aurangabad, Nagpur and Pune
(D) Panaji (Goa), Aurangabad and Nagpur
156. Kaziranga National Park, famous for hosting two-thirds of world's Indian Rhinoceroses (Great One-horned
Rhinoceroses), is located in which Indian state?
(D) West Bengal
157. Which city hosted the first Asian Games in 1951?
(A) Tokyo (Japan)
(B) Jakarta (Indonesia)
(C) New Delhi (India)
(D) Manila (Philippines)
158. In addition to seven of the world's leading industrialized nations - USA, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy
and Canada, which country is the 8th member of G8 group of nations?
159. Where did the All India Muslim League adopt the Pakistan resolution, the demand for separate sovereign
state for Muslims, on 23 March 1940?
160. Pyongyang is the capital city of which Asian country?
(B) North Korea
(C) South Korea
161. Which was the first Indian company to list on the NASDAQ in 1999?
(C) Satyam Computers
(D) Tech Mahindra
162. ‘Land of Thunderbolt' is the nickname of which Asian country?
163. In which city of Punjab is the Rail Coach Factory, the passenger coach manufacturing unit of Indian Railways,
164. Which European city houses the headquarters of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United
Nations (FAO), a specialized agency that leads international efforts to defeat hunger?
(A) Rome (Italy)
(B) Vienna (Austria)
(C) Paris (France)
(D) Brussels (Belgium)
165. At which town in Gujarat has Tata Group set up its Nano car project?
166. With which athletic event is the 'Tour de France' competition associated?
(B) 50 km walk
(C) 10,000 m race
(D) Bicycle race
167. Due to its criss-crossing canals, which Kerala town is also called 'The Venice of the East’?
168. Dilli Chalo' slogan was given by which Indian freedom fighter?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Subhas Chandra Bose
(C) BAL Gangadhar Tilak
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
169. Which Indian city is also called Prayag?
170. Identify this logo (text has been hidden):
171. Identify these monuments:
172. Which online retail store was founded by Sachin Bansal
and Binny Bansal in 2007?
173. The Capital of Turkey is _________
174. Who wrote Midnight Children?
175. India’s which neighbor is the largest producer of tea?
176. Who is Air Asia’s founder who hosts the Apprentice Asia?
177. Full form of BBC
178. Jet Airway’s cheap section:
179. Before starting Reliance, which textile company did Dhuraibai Ambani start?
180. Which Indian city is called ‘Mayanagari’?
181. Which is the largest copper producing country in the world?
182. Which Indian politician has written a quiz book on animals and another on origin of
183. If a friend offers you akoori (scrambled eggs on toast) which community would he
184. Which state has the largest number of Lok Sabha seats?
185. Imagine you are travelling to New Delhi by road. With respect to which landmark are distances to capital
measured (i.e., if the milestone read 0 kilometers from New Delhi, where would you be?)
186. What mode of transport was discontinued in Chennai in 1953? (If you have seen the movie Madrasipattinam
you would definitely know it.)
187. Which state has a Chief Minister to have spent more then 4 terms in office?
188. Name the mode of transport that San Francisco and Kolkata have in common?
189. Who was issued India’s first pilot’s license in 1929 and flew the first commercial flight in 1931 from Karachi
190. Which comic book hero’s name is (real) Peter Parker
191. On what rather special day is Superman’s birthday?
192. If an army officer has 3 stars on his car plate, what is his rank?
193. In which state of India would you celebrate a festival 3 times a year?
194. Which well known car brand (also seen on Indian roads) has its headquarters in Turin, Italy?
195. What is a lacy edged fluffy pancake (rice) cooked in cast iron kadai and an excellent accompiant to stew, fish
and meat curry?
196. Edam is a type of ________ (Related to food)
197. Which is the most widely cultivated fruit?
198. Americans call this dish as edible oatmeal. What do we call it?
199. In a Bengali Household when are ananda narus eaten?
200. Which country is considered the birth place of pizza?
201. If Mumbai is known for halwa and Tirupathi for its laddu then what is Kolkata known for?
202. Which popular snack of buns and meat is named after a city in Germany?
203. On a visit to London he forgot his brief case in an underground railway carriage. It contained an English
translation of his work. He contacted the railway authorities and got it back in the Lost property Office the
next day. He won the Nobel Prize for Literature the next year. Who are we referring to?
204. Which film star has the maximum books written about him?
205. Which film had the largest extras?
(Hint: It was made in 1982)
206. When he played the role of a tramp what did Charlie Chaplin carry?
207. If not in your geometry book where would you find radius and ulna?
208. Give one word for a code inserted into a computer program to spread and corrupt the stored information.
209. Which Indian cricketer once said ‘I always wanted to be a bus driver, I wonder what got me into cricket?’
210. At 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games why were coconut shells imported by Spain from India?
211. Chindirapet in north Chennai is referred as country’s capital in which sport?
212. If Lord Shiva’s abode is Kailash who stays at Vaikunta?
213. Who invented Sanskrit and Devanagari script according to Hindu mythology?
214. In Puri of what wood is the image of Jagannath made?
215. Which European country is enclosed within the capital of another country?
216. At which famous landmark would you find Lake Ontario and Lake Eric?
217. To which city would your uncle be flying if his baggage had the label ‘CCU’?
218. If you were travelling past the Bastasia Loop which hill station would you be going towards?
219. In which country would you shop with Escudos?
220. King Khalid International Airport serves which city?
221. What is common between Arjuna, Miramar, Calangute and Baga?
222. Which is the southern most capital city in the world?
223. (a) I was originally named Mortimer but my creator thought it was serious and gave me my present name.
(b) My first movie was Steamboat Willie was made in 1928.
224. (a) Born in Lumbini, my parents are Suddhodana and Maya.
(b) My first sermon at Sarnath was about the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path which formed the
basis of the religion I formed.
225. Which Indian politician was the first to address the United Nations in Hindi?
226. Which was the old capital of Orissa?
227. Rajiv Bhatia is the original name of which Indian actor?
228. Name the director of the film by listing to the above song from the film.
229. Name the director of the film by listing to the above song from the film.
230. Imperial bank’s new name is ________________
231. Jaguar and Land Rover were bought by Tata from which automotive giant?
232. (i) I am a popular comic- strip character. My best friends are Freckles, Gloria and Peewee
(ii) I have a dog called Dollar
(iii) I happen to be the richest boy in the world
233. (I) my son Parikshit went on to rule Hastinapur.
(ii) My father took revenge for my death by slaying Jayadratha
234. My father was an eminent poet who wrote classics like Madhushala
I lent my voice to the movie Bhuban Shome
My house, Prateeksha is a landmark of Mumbai
235. In English it is called Catherine wheel. What do Indians call it?
236. Which European country’s official languages are French, Italian and German
237. Which is the only forest which is home to the Asiatic Lion
238. Which Indian city did Vasco Da Gama visit first?
239. Karenge ya Marenge was the slogan of which movement in India?
240. The city of Ludhiana is named after which dynasty?
241. How was insurance agent Moulvi Zia- Ud- Din better known?
242. Which Mughal Emperor gave Allahabad it’s present name?
243. What are Basmati and Manipuri different types of?
244. Which city is called Tata Nagar?
245. Which city is to host 2020 Olympics?
246. Identify the Indian city where the car/ taxi belongs.
247. Which is the highest grossing Hollywood film?
249. Which music video recently beat Thriller to become the best music video ever made?
250. Which city is known as ‘pearl of Asia’?
251. Where does the Prime Minister live? (Obviously New Delhi, what is the locality?)
252. Who was the former prime minister of India?
253. Which state is bordered by Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand?
254. ‘India is ready for its 29th Baby on 66th Independence Day.’ What does baby in this headline refer to?
255. A campaign has been started by UNICEF, Government of India and Aamir Khan to promote awareness on
256. From which country was Indian Carrier INS Vikramaditya bought from?
257. Author of Shiva Trilogy?
258. Kai Po Che is based on which novel?
259. Which state has the highest urban density?
260. In which city was Travel Market 2012 held?
261. Who is the first person who became the first Indian Circumnavigate Globe Solo and non-stop on a sail boat?
262. In which city was the first women staff only post office in the country opened in March 2013?
263. The Railway Budget 2013-14 has proposed to introduce a new hyper luxury class to be called
264. Which film bagged the National Film Award for best feature film? (2013-14)
265. Asia's largest Solar Power Project set at which city?
266. Identify this car.
269. Which Indian is known as the Tiger of Snows?
270. Standard Charted organize the Delhi Marathon. Serious or Joking?
271. Which fruit has seeds outside?
272. Where is Audi’s production plant in India?
273. The cultural capital of India is:
274. The financial capital of India is:
275. Where was the first Indian Institute of Management (IIM) established in 1961?