• Rs. 4,500 crore scam in Mumbai based company
• Fake Accounts of investors were created
• CEO of FT, Jignesh Shah is doubted and Mumbai police
is investigating the matter.
COAL MINING SCAM
• coal blocks allotted, not auctioned, leading to estimated
losses as per the Comptroller and Auditor General of
• 185591.34 Crore Rs Scam
RAILWAY BROBARY SCAM
• Vijay Singhla , nephew of Indian Railway minister Pawan
Kumar Bhansal was arrested in Chandigadh on 3rd may
2013 by CBI for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs. 90
lakh from Narayan Rao and Sandeep Goel on behalf
Mahesh Kumar, a member of Indian Railway Board in
order to get higher ranking position.
VODAFONE TAX SCANDAL
• It involves 11,000 crore tax dispute case in India.
• There were corruption charges on Kapil Sibbal because of
law ministries U-turn to agree to consiliation in Vodafone
• Several Indian politicians and military officials have been
accused of accepting bribes from AgustaWestland in
order to win the 36 billion(US$550 million) Indian
contract for the supply of 12 AgustaWestland
AW101 helicopters; these helicopters are intended to
perform VVIP duties for the President of India and other
important state officials.
• On 25 March 2013, India's Defence Minister A.K.
Antony confirmed corruption allegations by stating :
"Yes, corruption has taken place in the helicopter deal and
bribes have been taken.
UTTER PRADESH NATIONAL RURAL
HEALTH MISSION SCAM
• Uttar Pradesh NRHM Scam is an alleged corruption
scandal in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, in which top
politicians and bureaucrats are alleged to have siphoned
off a massive sum estimated
at 100Million (US$1.5 billion) from the National Rural
Health Mission, a central government program meant to
improve health care delivery in rural areas. At least five
people are said to have been murdered in an attempt to
coverup large-scale irregularities. Several former
ministers of then ruling party, Bahujan Samaj Party are
being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation
2013 KERALA SOLAR PANEL
• 2013 Kerala solar panel scam involved a
fraudulent solar energy company, Team Solar,
in Kerala, India, which used two women to create
political contacts with links even to the Chief
Minister'soffice, duped several influential people to the
tune of rupees7 crore, by offering to make them business
partners, or by offering to install solar power units for
them, and receiving advance payments for the same.
• Maharashtra Housing and Development Authority is
an Indian organisation established in 1977. Since then, it
has been engaged primarily in constructing and selling
housing to low and middle income groups in urban and
semi-urban areas. In Mumbai, it has constructed about
30,000 housing units.
• Recently MHADA has come out with a low cost housing
scheme offering 2,593 apartments in Mumbai and Mira
Road in its May 2012 Lottery Scheme.
THE KARNATAKA LAND
• The Karnataka Wakf Board Land Scam concerns the
alleged misappropriation of 2000 billion (US$31 billion)
in Indian property funds, made public by a report
submitted by the Karnataka State Minorities
Commission in 2012.
TAMIL NADU GRANITE SCAM
• Granite scam is the scam in the state of Tamil nadu, India.
This scam came to expose after former district collector
of Madurai Mr.U. Sagayam wrote letter to the Principal
Secretary of the State Industries Department on May 19,2012.
In that, he had alleged major violations by many granite
quarries in the Madurai district and had estimated a loss of
more than sixteen thousand crore rupees to the state
• The Illegal quarrying of granite in Madurai is a case that
initiated during 2012 after the collector Sagayam sent his
report to the Chief Minister's office reporting illegal quarrying
in Madurai district.The initial estimated report indicated
illegal quarrying up to 16,000 cr.