“You must be the change you wish to see in the
world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
A Feature Presentation: Reuse, Reduce, Recycle!
INSTEAD OF THROWING THINGS AWAY, FIND A WAY
TO REUSE THEM
◦ Bring cloth sacs to the store with you, instead of taking
home new paper or plastic bags. These sacs can be
used over and over again!
◦ Don’t throw out clothes, toys, furniture, and other items
that you don’t want anymore, because somebody
else can probably use them. You can take them to
donation centers, such as the salvation army, that
collects items and gives it to people in need.
◦ Use silverware and dishes instead of disposable plastic
utensils and plates.
REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF WASTE YOU PRODUCE IS
ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO HELP THE ENVIORMENT.
◦ Cars use up energy and cause pollution. Some ways to
reduce the environmental damage caused by cars
include: carpooling, walking, taking the bus, riding
your bike, etc…
◦ You can reduce by using the computer! Many
newspapers and articles are on the internet, so they
can be read online, instead of being bought.
◦ Save energy by turning off the lights that are not being
◦ Save water by turning off the faucet when brushing
RECYCLED ITEMS ARE PUT THROUGH A PROCESS THAT
MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO CREATE NEW PRODUCTS OUT
OF THE MATERIALS FROM THE OLD ONES.
◦ Everyday items that can be recycles are: paper
bags, soda cans, milk cartons, glass ware, etc..
◦ In some states like Michigan, you receive 10 cents for
every soda cans and glass bottles you recycle. So why
wouldn’t you want to recycle? 5 cans and you got
yourself a gumball!
◦ Recycle bins are a great way to start recycle. Just
collect recyclable items in it for a week and leave it
outside your house, and a truck will come collect the
HERE ARE 10 EASY STEPS TO SAVE WATER, CONSERVE
ENERGY, AND SAVE LANDFILL SPACE RIGHT IN YOUR
1. Use toilet paper that is made from recycled content
2. Send a email opposed to sending a letter
3. Bring a canvas bag to do your shopping
4. Use both sides of a paper
5. Recycle empty ink and toner cartridges
6. Recycle old newspapers around the house
7. Buy rechargeable batteries
8. Recycle outdated technology
9. Silverware always wins over plastic ware
10. ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE RECYCLED OPTION IN ALL
THE PRODUCTS YOU HAVE AND BUY!!!