Every Customer Matters. Every Dollar Counts.
A positive customer experience
is your business lifeline.
IT is critical to delivering a positive customer
experience to drive revenue and growth.
Pressures on IT
Deliver a superior customer
Improve business-IT engagement
CIO Effectively manage change
Support Reduce costs, increase
Strategic Sourcing productivity
Ensure security and compliance
Mainframe Distributed Virtual Cloud
66% of IT resources are used to run versus 34% to Grow/Transform22
--Gartner, Inc. .
Deliver Maximum Value at Minimum Cost
An approach that helps
IT organizations focus
on what‟s important —
Staff delivering value
to their customers
Support Improve customer
Aim resources at high
Enterprise IT Management Solutions Enable Lean IT
VALUE Uniquely enabled by
CA’s EITM solutions
Executives Visualize, automate
and optimize IT
PMO Management From the data center
Support to the customer
From staff to assets
Network Govern, manage
and secure IT
Only CA covers it all
6 Disciplines of EITM: Lean IT On-ramps
Application Performance Infrastructure Management
VALUE Automate and assure to reduce
1,200 customers get visibility into 5 service delivery costs by 30%2; server
billion transactions a day provisioning time by 90%21
Application Performance Mgmt
Project & Portfolio Mgmt
Streamline security processes, reduce
Rapid implementation boosts IT
costs and get value from your security
productivity and user satisfaction
investments faster than ever before
Project & Portfolio Management
Acknowledged market leader with
Simplify mainframe management:
both on-premise and On Demand
Run the leanest platform even leaner
Lean IT …delivering solutions
Business Experience Management VALUE
Service Portfolio Management
CA uniquely combines Application
Performance with Infrastructure CA uniquely combines industry-
Management leading PPM and Service Management
• Ensure a positive customer Management • Improve business-IT engagement
• Optimize service supply and demand
• Resolve problems before customers
are impacted Service Portfolio
IT Risk & Compliance IT Risk & Business-Driven Automation
CA uniquely combines Security CA uniquely combines Data Center,
Management and Governance, Risk & Process and Workload Automation
Automation • Optimize and automate the
• Mitigate risk infrastructure
• Reduce the cost of compliance • Increase agility to respond to change
The CA Difference
CA software automates IT processes to
maximize customer value and minimize cost
Exclusive Focus Best in Class Freedom
on Software Technology of Choice
No hardware or Comprehensive Mainframe to
services agenda portfolio to govern, distributed, any
manage and secure platform
Faster time to value
Continued investment Virtual to physical
Lower cost of further extends value
Cloud to on-premises
Successful IT and CA
Business Depends CA Enables
on Successful IT Successful IT
> In an online world, > $4B company focused solely
IT matters on helping IT succeed
> IT is critical to driving > Govern, manage & secure
revenue and delivering IT: No other vendor does it
customer value all or as well
> Lean IT delivers > Pragmatic, cross-platform,
maximum IT value market-leading solutions
at minimum cost > Start today from any
> Lean IT helps focus on-ramp: Quick and
resources on the right sustainable wins
* The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2008-2009 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a
marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner‟s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by
Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those
vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner
disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
** The Forrester Waves are copyrighted by Forrester Research, Inc. Forrester and Forrester Wave are trademarks of Forrester Research, Inc. The Forrester Wave
is a graphical representation of Forrester‟s call on a market and is plotted using a detailed spreadsheet with exposed scores, weightings, and comments.
Forrester does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in the Forrester Wave. Information is based on best available resources. Opinions reflect
judgment at the time and are subject to change.
** MarketScope Disclaimer The MarketScope is copyrighted 2008 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The MarketScope is an evaluation of a
marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by
Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the MarketScope, and does not advise technology users to select only those
vendors with the highest rating. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability
or fitness for a particular purpose.
1. “Market Overview: The IT Management Software Market in 2009,” 11. “The Forrester Wave™: IT Asset Lifecycle Management, Q2 2009,”
Forrester Research, March 13, 2009. Market share numbers are in US$ Forrester Research Inc.; April 10, 2009.
millions and are Forrester estimates. Numbers reflect estimated 12. Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for IT Project and Portfolio Management,”
revenues in 2008 and include product licensing and maintenance Matt Light, Daniel B. Stang; June 13, 2008.
revenues; they do not include services. 13. Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Web Access Management,”
2. IDC White Paper sponsored by CA, “Improving IT Economics and Ray Wagner, Earl Perkins and Perry Carpenter, November 10, 2008.
Gaining Business Value with CA‟s EITM Software: An ROI Study,” Doc. # 14. Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for User Provisioning,” Earl Perkins and
214817, Randy Perry, Tim Grieser, Eric Hatcher, October 2008. Perry Carpenter, August 15, 2008.
3. IDC White Paper sponsored by CA, “„How Project and Portfolio 15. Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Single Sign On, Greg
Management Solutions Are Delivering Value to Organizations,” Doc # Kreizman. September 18, 2008.
213980, Randy Perry, Eric Hatcher, September 2008 16. Gartner, Inc., “Market Share: Security Software, Worldwide, 2007,”
4. “The Forrester Wave™”: Records Management Q1, 2007, Forrester Ruggero Contu and Matthew Cheung, June 3, 2008. Based on total
Research, Inc.; March 14, 2007. software revenue.
5. “The Forrester Wave™: Appliance-Based End User Experience 17. Gartner, Inc., “Market Share: IT Operations Management, Worldwide,
Monitoring, Q2 2007,” Forrester Research, Inc.; June 21, 2007. 2007,” Rene Millman, June 4, 2008. Based on total software revenue.
6. “The Forrester Wave™: Client Management Suites, Q3 2007,” Forrester 18. Gartner, Inc., “Market Share: IT Operations Management, Worldwide,
Research, Inc.; July 24, 2007. 2007,” Rene Millman, June 4, 2008. Based on total software revenue.
7. “The Forrester Wave™: Data Center Automation, Q2 2008,” Forrester 19. Gartner, Inc., “MarketScope for the IT Asset Management Repository,
Research, Inc.; April 2008. 2008,” William Snyder, Patricia Adams, April 21, 2008.
8. “The Forrester Wave™: Service Desk Management Tools, Q2 2008,” 20. Gartner, Inc., “MarketScope for Records Management, 2008”, Kenneth
Forrester Research, Inc.; April 2008. Chin, May 20. 2008
9. “The Forrester Wave™: Service Desk Management Tools, Q2 2008,” 21. Measured CA results, labs on demand 2009
Forrester Research, Inc.; April 2008. 22. Gartner, Inc., “IT Spending and Staffing Report, 2009,” Michael Smith,
10. “The Forrester Wave™: Project Portfolio Management Tools, Q4 2007,” Kurt Potter, January 27, 2009. ID: G00164940.
Forrester Research, Inc.; December 18, 2007.