Contact InformationFor Further information and discussion, please contact:Name Suleman DossaniDesignation Managing Director Sunoida Solutions JLT,Address 2106, Tiffany Tower, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, UAEMobile +971 (55) 2171050Phone (Landline) +971 (4) 4357180Email Suleman.Dossani@Sunoida.com
Introduction Sunoida is pleased to present Vision, a Financial, MIS & Business Intelligence solution that produces quality reports, dashboards and business analytics for all stakeholders (senior management, regulators, financial control, product and sales team). Vision delivers accurate transaction level profitability information with a web-based solution that uses rules-based enterprise wide access and is the foundation of a quantifiably successful Corporate Performance Management solution. The key is the accuracy, enterprise-wide accessibility and usability of the Performance Measurement data spread across 12 dimensions. Vision provides reporting and analytical capabilities by account, product, relationship, sector, currency, business segments, time and a number of other dimensions and attributes.• Dimensions & Measures Vision is a multi-dimensional model with various attributes for each dimension, thus allowing the creation of reports and analysis across dimensions and attributes.
• Accounting Engine For any financial institution safeguarding and controlling its assets and cash is fundamental to successful and efficient operations. Hence accurate capture of transactions, maintaining uniform standard for accounting and financial rules across the organization and providing accounting transparency across multiple source system becomes a mammoth task for institutions. Every source system generates its own set of events due to which standardization becomes difficult to achieve. Existing systems have embedded accounting systems which have no CofA and no balance calculations. No single system tracks entire lifecycle of a financial product. Reconciliation of internal records with external entities, maintaining P&L position, and complying with directives from regulatory authorities pose a further challenge. Vision’s Accounting Engine is a fully integrated suite which enables an organization to integrate multiple front office system with back office system enforcing one standardised set of accounting rules. Our drilldown features from summarised aggregate balances to underlying details make reconciliation easy and auditing transparent. With little human intervention and errors free concepts, Vision aims to achieve single point of control over accounting and financial treatment thereby making organization wide compliance to regulatory directives easy to implement.
• Close Optimization Organizations that lack sufficient time for value-added activities often exhibit signs such as requiring more than five days to close the books, needing many manual journal entries or other manual activities. They spend huge amount of time and money using a spreadsheet based financial consolidation process. Moreover, adjustments to the books lack a proper system to manage and conserve them properly for audit purposes. Most importantly, lack of capacity to analyze business drivers and identify root causes to their problems and inefficiencies, increase operational risk and lead to increased cost of competitiveness and potential financial losses. Visions Financial module enables companies shrink transaction processing costs up to 30 percent, reduce error rates by up to 90 percent and compress cycle times by up to 70 percent. With our help, our clients have been able to achieve these benefits through targeted process improvement, creating shared services and outsourcing non-core transactions where appropriate. We help clients implement standardization across business unit functions in processing information, submitting local ledgers and posting closing entries in order to reduce exception rates and the level of rework needed. Our Finance team develops a chart of accounting and reporting structures to facilitate capturing and reporting the appropriate information for all stakeholders, which enables the organization to meet managements requirements for analytical information consistently on timely basis with no additional efforts.• Financial Consolidation Vision’s Financial module is part of a proven solution that includes applications for strategic management, planning and budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and Business Specific Analytic. Vision’s financial consolidation capabilities and cash management software supports: • Simplified Data Integration using industry-standard technology to simplify data collection and movement from multiple charts of accounts, general ledgers, and ERP systems. • Workflow Management - monitor participation, ensure compliance, and avoid bottlenecks that can slow the planning and budgeting process. • Built-in Calculations and Financial Intelligence—eliminate any potential errors and redundant manual processes with
Vision’s multicurrency capabilities, automated calculations and adjustments, and other features that address accounting and regulatory issues. • Flexible Business Modeling—modify the central application settings and let the system replicate those changes at all levels of the application to accommodate mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and other changes in line with international standards. • Insightful Analytics—receive instant access to all important business indicators to better understand the true nature of organizational performance and assist in the decision making process.• Finance Transformation Finance organizations are under pressure to adapt to a changing business environment, both from competition and regulatory point of views. Technological advancements are creating opportunities to improve service levels and reduce costs, but are also creating an environment of constant changes and adjustments. With Vision, we assist CFOs in the following areas • Financial Strategy - focuses on the impact of financial and operational drivers on shareholder value, thus helping companies manage their assets and better allocate capital to those initiatives that will create most value. • Performance Management – enables management to review financial and operational information by extracting new, relevant, and timely insight from corporate financial and operational systems. • Transaction Analysis – Vision transforms financial processes across an organization to improve efficiency and service levels including ‘what-ifs’ and ‘what-was’ analysis. Enables adjustments at transaction levels which eliminate further data enrichments.• IAS/IFRS Reporting Finance departments worldwide face continuous pressure to deliver efficient and accurate financial and regulatory reports as well as support the appropriate systems and processes to drive better performance. Many departments are challenged by a lengthy, or inefficient, close process with multiple manual steps and checkpoints. For these departments, collecting and verifying data is challenging, as is processing consolidations such as minority interest, currency, multiple GAAP and regulatory reports. Financial
statements are delivered just in time, with little time available foranalysis or review. These issues are particularly challenging forcountries where legislation such as the Transparency Directive, isdriving the acceleration in reporting timeframes and demandingincreased certification of final results. This puts enormous pressureon systems to support these requirements.Vision helps customers address the challenge of facilitatingcontinuous performance improvement practices while adhering toInternational Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The solution isspecifically designed to support organizations that are required toreport under IFRS guidelines, and provides a financial consolidationfoundation system to support additional regulatory andmanagement reporting. To help you meet the challenges oftransition to International Financial Reporting Standards, Visionoffers a business-based approach. Our experts work with you tounderstand the technical accounting complexity of adopting IFRSand update your reporting process accordingly. Our team may alsoassist you to identify and manage any broader impacts on yourbusiness.
• Management Reporting In todays organizations, a vast amount of customer and product related data is stored within multiple applications, making it very difficult and time consuming to correlate and analyze this valuable information, and because management applications are forced to purge data regularly to accommodate for volume and performance concerns, trending and analysis of data over time is almost impossible. By bringing it all together, Vision improves compliance reporting and speeds troubleshooting with historical analysis and trending. Visions Management Reporting module assists clients generate enterprise reports for all stakeholders in browser-based, Web- formats. Most users want to do more than view enterprise reports — they want to interact with them, drilling down and through for more detail, manipulating numbers to answer vital questions and performing ad-hoc analysis of live data. We deliver reports with flexible navigation, data drilling, traversing, hyperlinking and Smart Search capabilities that your demanding end-user community requires. Flexible drilling options allow users to get detailed or summary data on-demand. Reports can be scheduled to be systematically run and distributed via email on multiple devices per your calendar and recipient requirements. Our Solutions helps organizations grow revenues more quickly, predictably and profitably by improving the operating performance of the organization, enabling it to make more accurate forecasts, better manage resource decisions and improve force productivity and hence be ahead of competition and lead its market.• Regulatory and Statuary Reporting Vision is the premier provider of regulatory reporting software solutions to the financial industry. Our Regulatory Reporting module is a complete system addressing the large position regulatory disclosure needs of global institutional investors. Many institutional investors still rely on largely manual methods of compiling, reviewing and filing position disclosure reports. For many firms, frequent organizational re-alignments and the increasing globalization of investment strategies has made traditional reporting operations unwieldy and error prone. In addition, global marketplaces are frequently redefining position disclosure requirements using country specific holdings, thresholds and varying reporting frequencies thus increasing the burdens on compliance departments. Vision streamlines the regulatory position disclosure process while vastly improving the accuracy and timeliness of such reporting.
• Credit Risk Vision’s Credit Risk module provides an open, extensible environment with complete capabilities for retail credit scoring, corporate credit rating and credit portfolio risk management. The system is transparent and auditable, thereby facilitating supervisory review, both internally and by regulators, as required by Basel II and other regulations. In addition, the underlying credit risk model helps firms consolidate credit data from disparate sources and supports faster implementation. Vision offers a complete, end-to-end solution integrating data aggregation, analytics and reporting framework. Vision’s Credit Risk Management enables you to: • Access and aggregate credit data across disparate systems and sources. • Seamlessly integrate credit scoring/internal rating with credit portfolio risk assessment. • Accurately measure, monitor and report potential credit risk exposures across the entire organization, both on the counterparty level and portfolio level. • Evaluate alternative strategies for pricing, hedging or transferring credit risk. • Optimize allocation of regulatory capital and economic capital. • Facilitate regulatory compliance and mitigate financial reporting risk and disclosure requirements for a wide variety of regulations such as BASEL II. • Automate computation of Days past Due, LLRs and other risk parameters. • Concentration of credit risk by Industry / Country / Regions.• Key Performance Indicators Key performance indicators (KPI’s) are an important part of Corporate Performance Management. Often referred to as metrics, they are data-rich information that assist management of these businesses understand its performance in a meaningful way. Quantifying performance is valuable for short and long-term strategy. Vision is the custodian of these KPIs and their evolution over time. Vision’s Key Performance Indicators link data analysis with strategy implementation in order to allow companies to see trends more clearly and to respond to changes in a thoughtful way.
• Dash Boards Corporate Performance Management Dashboards provide immediate, intuitive, graphic information in a single integrated view, enabling you to assess status, view trends, and identify trouble spots. Combining enterprise data from disconnected data sources with business decision processes, Dashboards let you manage and improve business performance by allowing you to quickly gauge status, drilling from the top level summary to specific facts and root causes. Web-based dashboards provide real-time exception-oriented identification of problems by color-coding summary indicators and displaying a roll-up of the worst case value within personalized business categories. Individuals at all management levels are able to track key measures, note exceptions and implement action plans before strategy and operational execution are impacted. Features: • Dashboard provides multiple level drill-down capabilities that allow access to detailed and actionable information. • Hierarchical summary dashboards give visibility into aggregated status across multiple branches within the organization. • Highly flexible configuration of dashboard format, dynamic graphics, large color palette, and organizational category definition. • Secure access by user roles assists control and sharing of information to key team members. • Web-based architecture provides access to graphics and status using a simple web browser. Dashboard provides the ability to track organizational performance by milestones and phases. Such dashboards are extremely useful for managing the performance of staff (mainly sales) and ensure meritocracy value in an organization.• Scorecard Vision prepares scorecard for relationship managers highlighting their goals and achievements and displaying key contributors to the targets.
A one-pager report gives comprehensive performance review and assists in identifying areas requiring more effort.• Report Suite Vision is bundled with a report suite module that is pre-configured with 300+ reports covering various business areas and financial reporting needs. These reports can also be customized to suit the bank’s need and new reports can be added with minimum effort.• Catalog Vision has an in-built user friendly query writer that permits the user to create ad-hoc queries across the entire database. These reports can be scheduled to deliver via email.• Cost Allocation Module Vision’s Allocation Management module will bring unparalleled levels of speed and ease to your indirect costing process. The advanced calculation and journal entry capabilities are also valuable in allocating pooled revenue or other complicated re-allocations of previously captured financial data. Features Manage Indirect Cost Allocation – Allocation Management provides powerful automation and a complete audit trail so you can recover your indirect costs from external funding sources. Flexible Allocation Options – Allocate indirect costs based on a fixed or predetermined rate or apportion last year’s budget, budget percentage to total costs, and other budget-based costing methodology. Powerful Calculation and Posting Methods – Use complex calculations from previously posted data to create journal entries allocating any kind of transactions, i.e. revenue allocations, pooled unit purchased, year-end roll-overs and more.• Activity Based Costing
Today, activity-based costing and management (ABC) is widely adopted because it provides a more complete picture of the profits and costs of doing business than traditional cost accounting. Understanding true product profitability, customer profitability or customer life time value in any industry fundamentally requires ABC. However, traditional ABC solutions, mainly focused on modeling, do not offer integrated capabilities in data management, reporting and analysis for a successful ABC implementation. Vision is the only ABC module with an end-to-end solution that combines integrated data management, business modeling, reporting and analysis all on one platform. More than any other costing solution, Vision Activity-Based Costing: Supports all activity-based costing methodologies to best meet your business needs. Offers a highly visual, flexible and multidimensional modeling environment with a point-and-click graphical user interface. Leverages web-based reporting and analysis to enable cost, process and profitability intelligence to be quickly shared across the organization. Provides a complete and integrated data management solution with data access engines and data transformation capabilities required for successful ABC implementation. Vision’s ABC solution enable strategic and operational decisions that maximize profit, reduce costs and streamline processes by determining the cost of those processes and the profitability of products, customers and business segments. Specifically, Vision’s Activity-Based Cost Management assists organizations across industries to: Gain insights about the true profitability of products and business units Manage process costs by understanding business activities and cost drivers Identify and estimate capacity or resource requirements for future periods.• Funds Transfer Pricing It is critical for any financial institution to understand the rewards earned for given levels of risk taken. It is also critical to understand the relative contribution made by each business unit, by each product and by each customer relationship.
Funds transfer pricing (FTP) allows a cost of funds (assets) or value of funds (liabilities) to be assigned to every transaction making up the balance sheet. It decomposes the interest margin into a credit spread, a funding spread and a rate risk spread. From a profitability / performance measurement perspective, Vision provides sophisticated solutions that determine the cost and value of funds on an economic basis, reflecting market rates, liquidity premiums, credit ratings, prepayment behaviour and the underlying cash flow characteristics of a transaction. From an Asset Liability Management or Risk Management perspective, simulating the components of future margins under different economic and rate scenarios helps the funding centre(s) determine hedging strategies and the business units / product manager to remove the impact of movement of market rates from their future income.• Financial & MIS Adjustments Businesses require a process to perform automated and manual adjustments to the Financials and MIS Results. These adjustments are GAAP compliant and allow the businesses to prepare and present the financials / MIS in a regulated and compliant manner. Vision provides a number of distinct functions to support the financial and MIS adjustment process. These functions or processes are required primarily on the Monthly Financial data. Some of the functions requested here can be applied to daily financial tables as well. Financial Adjustments can be split into the following main categories: 1. Remapping or enrichment of data – where the basic data fed from the source GL and product processors is enhanced or amended to provide the required level of information/accuracy for reporting. In this function, data amounts are NOT amended, only the static data such as Customer_ID / OUC / GL type information. These types of adjustments tend to be repetitive i.e. performed every month, to correct known deficiencies in the data. However, the function could also be used to address ‘one off errors’ where/if necessary. 2. Data Correction: In this process, actual adjustment amounts are loaded into the financial or other static fields are amended as
required. This function requires special adjustment screen and excel upload processes. These types of adjustments can be one off error corrections eg. items not booked by operations or last minute addition to financials or known issues for which a standard adjustment is required every month. 3. Financial Offsets: Specific processes are required to generate automated adjustments eg. Pool balancing/ Inter- company elimination adjustments /Average balance plugs, minority interest computation etc. A detailed audit log of every adjustment is maintained, complete with the adjustment reference code, maker, authorizer, reason for adjustment, originating area and supplementary description plus the details of each adjustment posting. This audit log is a permanent record, with similar history and back up requirements to the key monthly financial data sets.• Customer Data Enrichment A Core Banking Application (CBA) may not always meet the business needs thus giving way to external data processors i.e. for treasury deals, custom loan portfolios, credit card processors etc. These third party application hosts a great deal of MIS information pertaining to the deals and customers and a consolidated posting is done into the CBA. In order to provide a comprehensive and detailed MIS, Vision is structured to accept feeds from external data processors as Customer Enrichments. These additional feeds are at an account level detail providing a detailed Product / Customer MIS. Vision has in inbuilt auto reconciliation and plug process for these enrichments in order to maintain its high standard of data integrity.• Database Patrol The data mart is a collection of information from multiple sources. It also permits adjustments and enrichments in an auditable environment. This increases the risk and issues of data integrity. Vision has been strengthened with an internal policing program that scans all the key risk areas for referential integrity and redundancies in data. The process is automated and returns error reports.
The DBP process also allows fixes to the damaged relationship andre-validates the new relationships in line with business policies.