Com 200 week 5 final paper letter of advice paper (2 papers)
TO Buy the Tutorial Visit Our Website
Focus of the Final Paper
Imagine that a newly engaged couple hears that you are currently taking
a course in Interpersonal Communication and wants advice for their
relationship. Based on what you have learned in this course, what kind of
advice would you give them regarding how to effectively use
interpersonal communication in their relationship?
Choose at least five (5) of the twelve (12) course learning outcomes
below to help guide your letter: For each of the five learning outcomes
that you use, create a separate section with a heading that reflects the
learning outcome that you are using.
1. Explain the principles and misconceptions in effective
2. Identify the barriers to effective interpersonal
3. Describe the process by which self-concept is
developed and maintained.
4. Assess their personal communications and improve
their communication competencies.
5. Develop strategies for active, critical, and empathic
6. Recognize how words have the power to create and
affect attitudes, behavior, and perception.
7. Understand how perceptions, emotions, and nonverbal
expression affect interpersonal relationships.
8. Define emotional intelligence and its role in effective
9. Evaluate appropriate levels of self-disclosure in
10. Describe strategies for managing interpersonal
11. Recognize how self-concept and defensive and
supportive messages and behaviors create positive and
negative communication climates.
12. Understand the impact of gender and culture on
Write an eight to ten page paper (excluding title and reference pages) in
the form of a letter. In this paper, address at least five concepts to discuss
(choose the concepts that you feel are most important to successful
communication within interpersonal relationships). Your
advice cannot be based on your own opinions; you must back up your
advice with research. This may include readings from this course or from
outside sources. In total, your paper must include at least five (5)
sources with at least two (2) from ProQuest. This is a formal paper and
should include proper grammar, complete sentences, appropriate
paragraphs, and correct citations/references in proper APA style.
However, you will write this paper in the format of a letter to the newly
engaged couple and may address the couple throughout the paper. For
example: “Dear Sara and Tim, my advice to you for a successful
relationship is…” Along with explaining the communication concepts
and including the research, you may also use your personal experiences
to explain the research and advice that you are offering.
Papers must be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style
guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. If you would like
to refer to APA samples and tutorials, log into the Ashford Writing
Center (USER NAME: ashford; PASSWORD: student). Click on the “APA
& Research Guides” tab and review the resources.
Please Note: An outline draft of this assignment will be submitted during
Week 3, on Day 7. You will receive feedback on your draft so that you can
make the necessary improvements for your final paper submission during
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length,
and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the
Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a
succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five (5) scholarly sources, including a
minimum of two (2) from ProQuest, found in the Ashford
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in
the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing