Importance of the Board- Institute of Directors By Kunwer Sachdev
• Su-Kam has 1000+ crore turnover
• Su-Kam has 2000+ employees currently
• Global presence: Su-Kam has presence in more than 70 countries
• 20,000+ strong Dealer Network
• 6 state-of-the-art Manufacturing Units
Inverter Plant, Baddi Battery Plant, Katha High Cap. Inverter
Manufacturing Unit, Gurgaon
manufacturing unit, Baddi,
UPS Manufacturing Unit
Patents and Certifications
In-house Research & Development team with over:
• Technology Patents - 74
• Copyrights - 177
• Trademarks - 168
• Design Patents - 80
R&D has filed a record-breaking 100 technology Patents.
• ISO 9001
• ISO 14001
• UL and CE Certificate
Awards and Accolades
• Frost & Sullivan Voice of Customer Award, 2013
• Best HR Talent Management Organization of the Year Award 2013
• National Award for Quality Product, Govt. of India
• Sectoral Award – Exports (Consumer Electronics), Ministry of Commerce,
Govt. of India
• Business Superbrand 2008
• Marico Innovation Award, Marico Foundation
• Consumer Superbrand 2009
• Powerbrand India – 2009 - 2010
• Amity HR Growth Award 2008, 2009 & 2010
• Elcina – EFY award for R & D, 2010
Both off-grid and on-grid projects:
• Uttar Pradesh New Energy Development Agency
• Tripura Renewable Energy Development Agency
• Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency
• GATES Institute of Technology
• Assam State Electricity Board
• Assam Rifles
• National Institute of Teacher’s and
• CREST (Punjab Engineering College)
• Engineers India Ltd.
The Board of Su-Kam
Leading senior professional with over 45 years of
management experience, he has served as Chairman, CEO
and MD of billion-dollar-plus listed enterprises for over
two decades. He is noted as a high impact leader with
demonstrated corporate performance over a sustained
period of time.
He has had a lasting impact at Board, R&D, shop floor,
marketing and sales, HR and industrial relations level. He
has also been an active advisor, mentor and coach to
several companies and entrepreneurs as non-executive,
independent Director focusing on corporate governance.
Some of the well-know companies that he has been
associated with are Century Ply, Exide batteries, Dunlop
India and many others.
An IIM, Ahmedabad and IIT, Bombay alumnus he has a rich and
wide experience of around three decades. His expertise in
finance, banking and corporate management is very notable.
He is currently serving as an Advisor to the Indian Industrial
He currently serving as an Advisor to the Indian Industrial
Groups on growth strategy, fund raising and acquisitions. He
has also served as an Independent Director on Boards of many
listed companies like Agrotech foods, UTV Software
Communications Ltd., Time Technoplast Ltd. And Chairman of
TPL Plastech Ltd.
As an avid team player and leader, along with his team he
promoted 20th Century Finance Corporations Ltd. In 1980. He
has also worked as an Investment banker with Citibank where
he also managed corporate relations.
The Board of Su-Kam
He brings on board experience spanning 43 years. He served ABB
in various capacities for over 33 years and finally as it's Vice
Chairman & Managing Director for South Asia region. He was also
the Managing Director of the prestigious ABB Group Executive
forum- a forum for ABB’s top 40 International managers for
strategy formulations and business initiatives.
Prior to ABB Ltd., Mr. Majumder has worked for companies like
Chem Metals (New Delhi), SAIL (Durgapur), Indian Explosives Ltd.
and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
He is also a very active member of the National, Regional and
Karnataka state council of CII. Mr. Majumdar holds a Bachelor’s
Degree in Chemical Engineering from Jadhavpur University, Kolkata
and holds a Master’s Degree in Chemical Technology from
Regional Engineering College, Durgapur. He has also completed
General Management Program for Senior Executives from Swedish
School of Management, Sweden
The Board of Su-Kam
An M.Tech in Instrumentation Engineering from REC
Kurukshetra, he has over 13 years of rich experience in the
field of R&D mainly in Power Electronics, Control and
Embedded Systems. Prior to Su-Kam, he has worked for
Central Electronics Engineering Research Institution (CEERI).
He has filed for over 35 technical patents, more than 40
design patents & over 110 copyrights during his stay in Su-
Kam so far.
As a technology head of the company , he ensures that his
team stays abreast of developments in the field all over the
world and devises ways of using today’s science and
technology to create newer, better producs for tomorrow. He
is responsible for R&D, technical advancement, product
innovation, quality, process improvement, automation and IP
The Board of Su-Kam -
Home Grown Talent
Challenges faced by Su-Kam
In selection of the board
• Proper communication structure in place whereby
the Board gets relevant information from the
• The Board is fully informed on the key risks and
strategic issues facing the company.
• The Board meets periodically without the
• The Board focuses on the areas that are important
to shareholders like: strategy, risk management etc.
Role of the Board
All Committees are headed by Independent
Executive Management Committee
Share Transfer and Investor Grievances Redressal Committee
Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
• At Su-Kam the HODs give presentation to the board
and incase of failure of targets the Board calls upon