Why Email Merge
• Bulk emails can be sent by personalizing each
email recipient, as opposed to a CC or BCC.
• A standard letter can be saved and reused.
• Depending on the allowable limits of the
email provider- bulk emails can be sent with
same content in one click.
• Log into your Gmail account.
• Create a Google spreadsheet in Google Drive
• First Name
• Last Name
• Email Address
Activate Mail-merge on the
• Go to Tools Script Gallery
• Type “yet another” to find a mail merge script
• Click Install
– Then authorize to grant access to Gmail contacts
• Close the window
• A menu will appear on the spreadsheet: Mail
Step 2- Creating Email
Create an email
• Body of the email
Wherever you want to add any information from
the header field, use $%Header%
– Example: Dear $%First Name%. If the first name of the
person is Richard in the spreadsheet the email will
appear as Dear Richard.
Save the email as draft
• Go back to the spreadsheet
• Click on Mail Merge tab and select Standard
• A box will appear
– Select the template just created
– Put your own name in My Name field
– Click Send Mails button.
• New Column: Merge Status
– After the emails were sent out, notice a new Column.
Against each email address it will assign “Done” if the
email address was correct.
(818) 878-0834 (direct)
Like us on Face Book
3S Global is a Certified: DBE, California State SBE/CPUC MBE/ Los Angeles
County SBE & CBE (W/MBE)/ Los Angeles City SLBE & MBE/ SCMSDC (NMSDC)
"Minority Technology/ Science Firm of the Year 2012"- Awarded By the
OFFICE of the Mayor of the City Of Los Angeles