PROS AND CONS OF GOOGLE GLASS
Legal and ethical issues
• The idea of having everything you need in the blink of an eye has been a
talk for centuries.
• Purpose of Google Glass is to provide hands free display of information.
• Goal is to reduce time between intention and action.
• HMD were also used in world war II but they were huge and complex.
• It is a wearable computer with optical head mounted display(OHMD).
• Developed in Google X Lab, located
• Google Glass was started by Babak Parviz
• Use 4G technology.
• Communicate with mobile phones through Wi-Fi.
• Display content on video screen as well as respond to voice
command of the user.
• Wearable Computing
• Worn by the bearer under , with or on top
• Developed for general or special purpose
information technologies and media
• Ambient Intelligence
• Electronic environments that are sensitive
and responsive to the presence of people.
• Devices work in concert to support people
in carrying out their everyday life
• Android is a Linux-
based operating for mobile
devices such as smart
phones and tablet computers,
developed by Google in
conjunction with the Open
• 4G Technology
• 4G is the fourth generation of cell phone
• 4G Technology is basically the extension in
the 3G technology with more bandwidth and
services offers in the 3G.
• This system provides higher data rates of 100
Mbps in mobility to 1 Gbps while stationary.
• Augmented Reality
• Augmented reality is a live, direct
or indirect, view of a physical, real-
• Concept of superimposing virtual
content on top of real world.
• Video Display • Camera
• It has the front facing
• To display hands free
• to make or receive calls.
•to work with the physical
• To take the voice commands of user.
• For having telephonic communication
Image by Martin Missfeldt
Projector and prism redirects
light onto your retina.
What can Google Glass do?
Start Tap Take a picture Record a video Sharing
Find your way Translate Your info butler Send message
Make a call
• Easy to wear and use.
• Fast access of maps, documents, videos, chats and much more.
• A spectacle based computer to reside directly on your eyes rather than in
your pouch or pocket.
• A useful technology for all kinds of handicapped/disabled people.
• Can be easily broken or damaged.
• It may lead to accidents while driving.
• Privacy of people may breach with new glasses.
• The resource for running these glasses is still unknown.
Legal and Ethical Issues/Security Concerns
• By receiving the answers to a test, emailing them, and then accessing them via the
Google Glass, cheating just became a whole lot easier. The answers are right in front of
your face and no one will suspect anything because all you are doing is looking down at the
• Google+ Hangout feature, an online chat room that can also be accessed with the new
Google Glass, everyone in the group will be able to see what your glasses are seeing.
Looking at a confidential file, surveying a house, stalking a group of young students.
•Violates privacy for both wearers and non wearers of the Glass.
•Will increase sexual exploitation and extortion .
Incredibly compelling Technical masterpiece Match the wearer perception
Google is hoping to make its Internet-connected eyewear more stylish as part of a partnership with the makers
of Ray-Ban and Oakley frames.
The alliance with Italian eyewear company Luxottica represents Google’s latest attempt to make technology
look less geeky as it tries to develop new ways to ensure people can stay connected to the Internet wherever they
Google Glass isn’t the only game in town. In fact, Apple and Microsoft are also rumoured to be working on
smart glasses and several smaller niche players.
• Technologies that brings the sophistication and ease of
communication and information .
• Assistance to disabled individuals.
• With the addition of the Google Glass, it may just be enough
to push Apple and those like it out of the way and put
Google on top.
• Way of raising skepticism within society.
• Consumers will be able to have access to the world’s
information, interact with people while using their Google
Glass and even more.