Susan W. Hansen
125 Sagamore Drive S.
Liverpool, New York 13090
Objective: To secure a challenging position in the library industry which will enable me to
enhance service to the community and provide professional growth.
Polaris Library Systems Trainer, Liverpool, N.Y., June to October, 2009
• Trained Polaris customers on Integrated Library Systems software and supported
the development of subsequent products.
• Developed training materials for public library personnel across all ability levels.
Information Services Librarian & Adult Programs Coordinator, Broome County Public
Library, Binghamton, N.Y., 1998 to June, 2009
• Provided reference and advisory service to the central library collection.
• Supported forty-four member libraries with ready reference information to enhance
• Provided book presentations and tours on specific topics as an outreach effort to
• Updated Science Fiction, Modern, Christian and Western fiction collections.
• Led approximately three computer classes per week in Microsoft Word and
• Developed and coordinated community oriented adult programs and promotional
• Led staff and public through online tools to support computer services in the
• Supervised college and high school volunteers and interns by instructing and
training in work methods.
Information Librarian, Vestal Public Library, Vestal, N.Y., 1996 to 1998
• Guided the public in using bibliographic databases to find materials.
• Provided ready reference information, collected and maintained government
pamphlet file and displays.
• Supervised circulation personnel and pages and responsible for opening and
closing the library.
Instructor, Broome-Tioga Board of Occupational and Cooperative Educational
Services, Binghamton, N.Y., 1992 to 1997
• Instructed adults in areas of English in order to ensure their self-sufficiency and job
employability as they reside in the local area.
• Tutored candidates of the General Equivalency Examination to assist adults
obtaining General Equivalency Diplomas.
• Assisted in developing a successful grant proposal that led to additional programs
to coordinate and promote employability training with social agencies in the local area.
Master of Library Science and Public Librarian Certificate
State University of New York, University at Albany, 1996
Bachelor of Arts, History and Education Certification
State University of New York, College at Cortland, 1988
New York Library Association
Special Library Association, Upstate New York Chapter
Literacy Volunteers of America, Broome and Tioga County Chapter
References Available Upon Request