Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

World Robot Olympiad india 2016 Rap the Scrap! - How to Particapte

738 views

Published on

Know more about how to participate in the World's largest Robotics Competition for school and college students. Theme of the year : Robots for Reducing, Managing and Recycling Waste. www.wroindia.org

Published in: Education
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

World Robot Olympiad india 2016 Rap the Scrap! - How to Particapte

  1. 1. Theme: Robots for Reducing,  Managing and Recycling waste Over 6 billion people live on planet Earth today, generating an estimated 1.9 billion tons of  domestic, industrial, medical, electronic, radioactive, toxic and hazardous waste every year.  Experts believe that the waste generated will double by 2025. That is in just 10 years from  now! Can you believe that 30% of the waste generated remains uncollected? And that a large part  of the remaining 70% is dumped in oceans, landfills and dumpsites where it is polluting and  clogging our ecosystem, causing numerous health and environmental challenges as only 19%  is recycled?* We have to find ways to reduce, manage and recycle waste – and solutions to not generate  waste in the first place – or we may be surrounded by mountains of waste. Or find ourselves  sitting on top of one! This year WRO will engage students to Rap (talk) about waste – an important social issue and  come out with innovative and practical solutions to reduce, manage and recycle waste. So, Let’s Rap the Scrap! www.wroindia.org Over 6 billion people live on planet Earth today, generating an estimated 1.9 billion tons of  domestic, industrial, medical, electronic, radioactive, toxic and hazardous waste every year.  Experts believe that the waste generated will double by 2025. That is in just 10 years from  now! Can you believe that 30% of the waste generated remains uncollected? And that a large part  of the remaining 70% is dumped in oceans, landfills and dumpsites where it is polluting and  clogging our ecosystem, causing numerous health and environmental challenges as only 19%  is recycled?* We have to find ways to reduce, manage and recycle waste – and solutions to not generate  waste in the first place – or we may be surrounded by mountains of waste. Or find ourselves  sitting on top of one! This year WRO will engage students to Rap (talk) about waste – an important social issue and  come out with innovative and practical solutions to reduce, manage and recycle waste. So, Let’s Rap the Scrap! www.wroindia.org
  2. 2. Organizers WRO 2016 is being jointly organized by National Council of Science  Museums (NCSM) and India STEM Foundation. National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) is India’s premier  body playing a key role in the growth of science and technology by  organizing various science education programs, activities and  trainings within and outside of Schools and Colleges at its science  centres spread across the country in order to develop and inculcate  scientific attitude, temper and general awareness amongst the  people of the country. www.ncsm.gov.in India STEM Foundation is a pioneer in promoting hands‐on STEM  (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) education in India  with the intervention of Robotics and research based learning  programs for school and college students. India STEM foundation is  the affiliate partner of World Robot Olympiad Association in India. www.indiastemfoundation.org
  3. 3. Categories and Age Group Regular/ Open Elementary Category Age:. Participants up to 12 years old in the year of  competition. Date of birth of the participant must fall under ‐ 1st Jan 2004 to 31st Dec 2007. Regular/ Open Junior High Category Age:. Participants 13 ‐ 15 years old in the year of  competition. Date of birth of the participant must fall under‐ 1st Jan 2001 to 31st Dec 2003. Regular/ Open Senior High Category Age: Participants 16 – 19 years old in the year of  competition. Date of birth of the participant must fall under – 1st Jan 1997 to 31st Dec 2000. WRO Football Category : Participants 10 – 19 years old in the year of competition. Date of  birth of the participant must fall under – 1st Jan 1997 to 31st Dec 2006. Advanced Robotics Challenge: Participants 17 – 25 years old in the year of competition. Date  of birth of the participant must fall under – 1st Jan 1991 to 31st Dec 1999. For further details.  Refer to General Rules – WRO 2016 at  http://www.wroindia.org/general‐info/
  4. 4. Challenges To learn more about the challenges  in respective categories  visit www.wroindia.org/challenges
  5. 5. Official Platform WRO follows a uniform platform policy the world  over. LEGO Mindstorms Education NXT or EV3 is the  official building platform for the Regular, Open and  WRO Football categories where as TETRIX or MATRIX  is the official platform for the Advanced Robotics  Category. To learn about the official elements that teams can  use, refer to General Rules – WRO 2016 at  http://www.wroindia.org/general‐info/
  6. 6. Register a Team All participating teams need to register online and  pay registration fee: Regular Category: Rs. 5,500.‐ WRO Football: Rs. 7,500.‐ Open Category: Rs. 7,500.‐ Advanced Robotics Challenge: Rs. 30,000.‐ Register your team  www.wroindia.org/register
  7. 7. Value Packs Teams are free to procure the Robotics platform  required for participating in the WRO from any  source or may choose to procure the value packs  specially designed for participation in the WRO 2016. Know more and order Value Pack for individuals,  clubs or schools, please visit  www.wroindia.org/valuepacks
  8. 8. Getting Ready for it! Get a team of 2‐3 participants and 1 Coach in place.  It’s not necessary for all the participants to be from the same school/college. Get a manager to manage the team funding, resources and logistics.  The manager may or may not be the Coach! Coach should have programming and technical knowledge! If you are a new coach, you can learn. Its easy! Get hold of official Hardware and software. Arrange the playfield and competition mat. Set it up in a classroom, basement or another safe place for the team to work on the challenge. Prepare and allocate a budget for all team activities – food, travel and other. Plan team activities, time table and travel. Plan your time. Register the team online to participate in the nearest Regional. Be ready to work in an exciting and highly charges up environment. Keep the team and yourself motivated! Need to invest approximately 75 hours to make a decent solution.  
  9. 9. Getting to Solve it! Start with getting to know your team members and making friends! Think of a cool name for your team and Bot Start looking out for a sponsor to support your team expenses Understand the challenge, rules and scoring. Prepare initial game strategy. Keep it realistic. Initial Robot Design, testing and runs Revisit Strategy and incorporate learning Revisit score and timing targets Practice, Practice and Practice Remember you are team!  Work together to discover solutions! Reach out to other teams and share ideas Reach out to expert and learn more. Collaborate with the nearest India STEM or NCSM facility or WRO partner institute.
  10. 10. Thank you and wish you good luck! Need More Help? www.wroindia.org or Contact us wro@indiastemfoundation.org

×