NB: Use RSS to have literature (and news, etc) pushed to you, no
need to go to PubMed all the time for your regular searches
‘cloud storage’ of your ﬁles, with a copy on your desktop this is a
good way to move things to the iPad. ‘Star’ the ﬁle to keep a copy
on your iPad/iPhone rather than downloading from network
A thing you can touch that will
hold lots of data, knows where it
is, where its going and can
access the web and anything*
that you can ﬁnd (or put) online
other multitouch ideas
Stacks of genes instead of photos? Show connections within & between stacks in
real time? Sort/save like cards on a table, not with clicks and checkboxes.
These are iPhone apps, but how about an iPad
with a camera or external video feed +
• Implications of touch screen on user interface?
• Change how we do (design) things?
• Life beyond mouse + dropdowns, radio buttons, scroll bars!
• Portable documents (iPad is big enough to read. Almost
like...uh...paper but, brighter and more glossy! So what else
should it do to leverage this new medium?)
• Portable web connection (wiﬁ/3G) - always online
• Interface to hardware - what can we do with this?
• Location - Field work, GPS coords of sample, patient, etc.
• Clinical uses (will a normal web-style interface work?)