Salesforce DX & Deep Dive demo on force:data commands
1 15 March 2018
Brussels, BE Developer Group
Salesforce DX - Circle of Success
16 May 2019
Non proﬁt Solution Architect | Product Dev Lead Converse
• Started in 2007
• .Net Developer (6 years)
• Salesforce Developer - custom, aura, mobile sdk (4 years)
• Salesforce Product Development (2 years)
Salesforce powered solution for
European fundraising solutions
• 360° view on all your donors
• Segment your donors
• Collect donations on your
• Process direct debit payments
Salesforce Project & Release
Management Made Easy
• Manage your projects within
• Take advantage of the Rellex
• Track conﬁguration changes
directly on the user story
• Deployments made easy
Table Of Contents
• What is DX?
• Salesforce CLI
• Sandbox vs Scratch Org
• Continuous Integration Build Street
• Second-Generation Packaging (2GP)
• DX Plugins
What is DX?
• Salesforce CLI to improve & fasten Developer Experience (Git,
Selenium, VS Code, IntelliJ, Sublime, Illuminated Cloud, …)
• Disposable Scratch orgs used for development and testing.
• Source-Driven Development. VCS is source of truth.
• 2GP Second-Generation Managed Packages for ISV’s (Beta) and
Unlocked packages for Enterprise Customers
Sandbox Scratch Org
Critical for UAT, Performance Testing, Licensing, … Awesome for temp deployments, development &
Permanent (No expiration date) Not permanent ( < 30 days)
Contains Production Data Does not contain any data
Slow Generation (< 24h) Fast generation (<1 min)
No source Tracking Source Tracking
MDAPI Source Format DX Source Format
• Create, package and deploy packages in a source-driven
development environment entirely with the Salesforce CLI.
• Managed packages for ISV’s (beta)
• Why Unlocked packages for Enterprise Customers
• repeatable, scriptable & trackable deployments.
• Track changes with full support for versioning.
• Organize your deployments