Crisis Ready: Build an Invincible Brand Slide Deck
The entire organization instinctively knows how to:
Detect a rising risk/threat,
Assess its impact on the organization,
Respond effectively in a way that increases
stakeholder trust in the brand.
The longer you take to effectively
respond to a crisis, the more of a crisis
response penalty (CRP) you will suffer.
CRISIS READY RULE:
a negative event or situation that will stop business as usual to some extent, as it will require immediate
decision making and guidance from leadership, as it threatens long-term negative impact on:
• People (stakeholders),
• Business operations,
• Organization’s reputation, and/or
• Organization’s bottom line.
a negative event or situation that either does not stop business as usual, and/or does not
threaten long-term negative impact on any of the five business attributes mentioned.
However, this is not to say that issues aren’t important to quickly detect and manage.
Mismanaged issues can and do develop into crises.
Examples of high-risk scenarios
• Cybersecurity incident
• Executive or employee misconduct in the workplace
• Executive or employee misconduct outside the workplace, with direct impact on the organization
• Foodborne illness / contamination
• Key person event
• Misconduct or failure of a key external stakeholder that directly impacts the organization
• Misstatement of financials
• Natural disaster
• Offsite accident or catastrophe
• Onsite accident or catastrophe
• Organized activism against the organization
• Product failure
• Regulatory incident
• Workplace disruption
• Workplace violence