What is a growth hacker?
• A growth hacker is not a replacement for a marketer. A growth hacker is not
better than marketer. A growth hacker is just different than a marketer.
• Every decision that a growth hacker makes is informed by growth. Every
strategy, every tactic, and every initiative, is attempted with the aim of
• Of course, traditional marketers care about growth too, but not to the same
Customer demand is key
• Customer needs come first. Task number one is to find out if there’s any
demand for a proposed product or service.
• "Is it important enough to potential customers that the right product will
drive significant numbers of customers to buy or engage with the product?"
• Marketers need to work more deeply with product teams, know their
customers, and get very dirty playing with data and models to inspire new
• On the surface that all sounds idyllic but in reality that means change and we
all know how much each of us, personally, loves to embrace change we didn’t
• How do companies get in front of change – “walk in the customers’ shoes”.
• "Once companies understand their customers, what’s relevant, how they
make decisions and how your solution fits into their outcomes, then
understanding change and the path through it becomes easy.”