Should be 16 by 20 inches or larger
May be neatly hand drawn
May use pictures neatly cut out of magazines
Must have color
Must be neatly labeled
Content Requirements 1:
Pick a type of biome (area of the world) your poster covers
Must have at least four trophic levels
Content Requirements 2:
Must show relationships between different tropic levels
Use different colors to indicate different trophic levels
Identify the trophic levels along the side of the diagram
Use arrows to indicate energy flow through the web from
species to species
Create a key listing of all of the producers, primary
consumers, secondary consumers, tertiary consumers, and
Make it neat and artistic
Grading — 30pts.
Your poster will be graded based on the following:
1. Creativity (5 pts.) — did you use your own ideas
2. Neatness (5 pts.) — are there eraser mark, glue
3. Effort (5 pts.) — did you follow directions
4. Accuracy (10 pts.) — is the information correct,
5. Completeness (5 pts.) — did you meet all the
You are to demostrate your knowledge of food webs
and the relationship between different tropic levels
Do not forget how the amount of energy changes
when moving from one tropic level to the next
Spelling counts, label carefully
1. State your name
2. Tell which biome you chose and why.
3. Explain what organisms you chose and why.
4. Point out your top consumer and its trophic level.
5. Explain how energy moves through your system.