Want to build user authentication into your iOS apps quickly and securely?
In this presentation, iOS Developer Evangelist Edward Jiang will go over OAuth, best practices, and how to easily integrating Facebook, Google, and email logins into your app using Stormpath's iOS SDK!
- Stormpath Customer Identity Management
- What does authentication mean?
- Common methods of mobile authentication
- OAuth Token Authentication
- Building Login & Registration with Stormpath
- Making authenticated network requests
- Add Facebook / Google login with one line of code
- Technical Q&A
• Easy to use and implement
• Auth details are sent on every request
• Auth details do not expire
• Hard to scale, as verifying a request needs access to
• More Secure
o Auth details are sent on every request, BUT!
o Auth token expires
• Easy to scale, as servers can verify a token with the signing
o Scale across multiple backend services
o Can embed information in the JSON