Sophos Endpoint Security
Sophos’ unified, automated console provides a single point from which to deploy, update and report on
both anti-virus and firewall protection across thousands of Windows, Mac and Linux computers. By
simplifying and automating protection, we drive down your costs, ensuring fewer clicks per task and
better visibility of your entire network.
Central Management Console:
• Sophos Anti-Virus comes equipped with enterprise management console capable of viewing
each server across multiple platforms from one view. One console to manage all your Windows,
Mac OS X, and Linux platforms.
Unified Single Anti-Malware Scanner:
• One scan with our single anti-virus client detects viruses, spyware and adware, suspicious files,
suspicious behavior, unauthorized VoIP, IM, P2P, and gaming software - eliminating your
reliance on separate standalone products. Sophos provides complete protection against
Spyware and fully meets all industry requirements for Spyware protection as set by West Coast
Integrated Application Control:
• Sophos includes adware protection at no additional charge and ability to manage application
policy from the console.
Integrated Zero-Day Protection:
• Unique Behavioral Genotype® Protection automatically guards against new and targeted threats
by analyzing behavior before code executes.
• Most effective Zero-Day protection in the industry
Synchronization with Active Directory:
• Security policies are automatically enforced as new computers join your network. This eliminates
the risk of unprotected computers compromising your security.
• Automatically check and fix managed computers
Microsoft/Windows Update (patching), Service Packs, Sophos or Windows firewall, SAV: on,
enabled, up to date, no malware or controlled apps
• Control unmanaged computers
Control access with agent or Microsoft DHCP, unmanaged computer assessment with web agent
• Simple to manage – integrated with Enterprise Console
o Pre-defined policies for managed and unmanaged computers
o Integrated NAC agent deployment via Enterprise Console
o Uses existing Enterprise Console groups
Independent & Analyst Reviews
ImageTrak Business IT Survey Ranks
SOPHOS highest in customer
Each security vendor was scored against
five satisfaction criteria - quality of
support, ease of integration,
manageability, reliability and return on
investment. Sophos was rated very
highly throughout and was classed as
either the No. 1 or No. 2 brand
consistently ahead of key competitors,
McAfee, Symantec and Trend Micro.
Faster Response than Alternatives
Independent analysis regularly shows that
Sophos responds more quickly than other
leading vendors. This is a great testament to
our rapid response to virus outbreaks from our
global network of integrated virus, spyware
and spam analysis centers and the innovative
proactive detection capabilities of our
Genotype™ virus detection technology -
True Alternative to Symantec and
Sophos successfully intercepted 86% of
the malware tested against prior to
execution, compared to 43% for McAfee
and 51% for Symantec. In addition,
Sophos's run-time HIPS protection
detected further malware samples at
execution raising proactive detection of
zero-day threats to an "impressive" 97% in
Cascadia Labs' anti-virus tests.
Leader in Zero-Day Protection
Sophos detected more new unknown malware reported to the independent AVIEWS mailing list in
a four month period than any other vendor. AVIEWS is the Anti-Virus Information & Early Warning
System, an online community that shares information about breaking malware threats between
anti-virus vendors, researchers, security experts, and system administrators.
In the four month study Sophos was found to proactively detect 80% of all unknown malware
reported to the mailing list, higher than any other vendor, compared to 50% for Microsoft, 35% for
Symantec and 30% for McAfee.
Gartner Magic Quadrant
of business needs,
particularly the need
to provide return on
investment for the
buyer and to
features with low
Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms is based on an assessment of a company's
ability to execute and completeness of vision. According to Gartner, "Leaders demonstrate balanced
progress and effort in all execution and vision categories. Their actions raise the competitive bar for all
products in the market, and they can change the course of the industry."
Gartner specifically identified the following strengths in Sophos as deserving of a position in the Leaders
• Significantly improved and simple management, that gives a real time view from which actions
can be immediately taken (e.g. force an update on all those computers).
• Excellent integrated network access control (NAC) capability with the ability to monitor, assess
and remediate competitive EPP clients (NAC will be available April 2008).
• Roadmap commitments for data encryption, with basic media port controls already in place.
What do licenses include?
Free Home Use for Employees:
• Sophos provides free home use for employees at no additional charge – customer responsible
for home use support.
24/7/365 Engineer-Level Technical Support:
• Access to frontline Sophos employed technical specialists 24x7x365 to provide multi-language
• Sophos will charge client price for server environment if servers do not exceed 25% of total
29 Platform Coverage:
• Sophos gives you access to 29 platforms – more operating systems then any other vendor in the
market – at no additional cost.
Free Upgrades and Maintenance:
• All maintenance and upgrade pricing included over term of agreement.
Benefits of Sophos transition services
We have successfully engaged with some of the most recognized organizations in the world to meet
their specific requirements and assure rapid, optimal deployment of Sophos products. Our expertise is
delivered through standard or customized packages, provided on site or remotely, to ensure the
maximum return on your investment.
Sophos Endpoint Implementation:
Designed to ensure optimal installation and configuration of Sophos endpoint solutions, this service
package provides assistance with implementation. The service includes:
• Product installation
• Product training sessions
• Skills transfer
• Best practice tutorials for network and system security.
• Removal of legacy anti-virus software can also be included in the service, if required, ensuring a
rapid rollout of Sophos Anti-Virus while maintaining the security of your network.
Customized transition plan:
Our experts work with your security team to develop a plan for efficient deployment and upgrade of
Sophos products with minimal impact on your network.
Your security team works alongside Sophos professionals to gain immediate experience of our industry-
leading solutions and optimize administration and policy enforcement.
Our consultants advise on threat prevention best practices, including compliance with email and
endpoint security policies, and defense against unauthorized computers, malware, and spam.
Maximum return on investment:
Whether on site or remotely, a Sophos security expert assesses your network environment and selects
the module or configuration that best suits your requirements.
Sophos Premium Support
Customers can select one of three support service options: Standard, Premium and Platinum.
Standard Support is included in the license fee and is available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year to
all Sophos customers. Premium Support and Platinum Support are available for an additional annual
percentage fee based on the license cost.
The deliverables included within each service option are outlined below, together with the levels of
service, including target response and escalation times.