The deck is meant to be presented so it may not always make sense but in essence, the key points are:
1) The industrial revolution moved us away from vertical integration across small teams of people, meaning companies lost sight of the “why” they were producing what they were. A focus on operational efficiency trumped the emotional connection- where loyalty and engagement lie.
2) Customer loyalty is no longer based on a product feature or channel access- how most organizations are structured per (1) above
3) There is a physiological reasons why customer experience is so difficult to achieve- we (humans) are incapable of explaining why we love/ hate something (we just do)
4) Client, customer and consumer are not the same- credit cards are a perfect example- so segmentation is not just soci- economical but should also be behavior/ needs based
5) We have overcomplicated the experience, and there are some simple, all be terrifying to the command & control veterans, things we can do…