How has the coastal management strategy
at ‘La Gravette’ affected the beach profile
and sediment composition?
To answer this question we will compare ‘La
Gravette’ with a non managed beach ‘La
• Data collection (field trip) 9th of March.
• Formal feedback submission 9th of April
• Final submission date 5th of May
• Any other deadlines within this period will be individually set.
You will need to submit:
• 2 colour printed copies
• 1 digital PDF copy via Turnitin
1. Raw data may be collected collaboratively
on the day of the field trip.
2. You must NOT work together or share
resources at any point of the write up. Any
plagiarized work will potentially be discarded
and may affect your whole IB Diploma.
Road to success
1. Listen to the teacher’s advice - I mark it and
therefore if I tell you to do something it is for a
2. Follow the IB Internal Assessment pack closely.
If you complete all parts you will do well.
3. Raw data needs to be processed, this means
adapted to suit your project.
Road to success
3. Meet all deadlines, these are designed to help
4. Do not exceed word limit it will instantly cost
you 4 marks out of 30.
5. Always ask advice and do not presume you
are doing something correctly always ask.
Please do not make these mistakes:
➢ The project should be completed in 3rd person do not
mention I, we etc.
➢ You do not have to use all the data (you can but if it is
not relevant do not use it)
➢ Graphs need to varied but more importantly they need
to make sense do not use a fancy graph if it doesn’t fit
The good news
2500 words is not that much and if you work
sensibly you WILL get a good mark in your
The IA rewards:
Effort and organisation