Top ten immigration facts filipinos need to know about canada
Top Ten Immigration Facts Filipinos Need to Know About Canada
Are you planning to work and live in Canada? Do you think you have the right requirements to be
awarded with a Canadian visa?
Lots of Filipinos are dreaming and wishing to have better job
opportunities and live in Canada. In fact, the number of people
working and even migrating in Canada has been increasing yearly
here in the Philippines. One of the reasons why Filipinos love Canada
is the weather. It is perfect and at the same time it has four seasons
unlike here in the Philippines. Another reason is that Canada has very
beautiful scenery that most elderly people love and enjoy.
With all these factors, who would not love to be in Canada? So, here are some ten immigration facts
Filipinos need to know about Canada.
1. There are different options for Canadian immigration: General Immigration, Business
Immigration, Family Sponsorship, Parental Sponsorship, Skilled Worker Immigration, and Canadian
2. The easiest and the best way to ensure that your papers are documents are properly filled or
completed is to try the Free Online Assessment online.
3. Canada’s point score requirement was reduced from 75 to 67 points. This means that there will
be more people who can acquire the visa for Canadian skilled worker category.
4. In the point system, the factors included are the person’s education, English and French ability,
work experience, age, arranged employment and adaptability.
5. Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) processing times depend on the Canadian Immigration
Visa office to another and the fees vary with the exchange rates.
6. Permanent resident status is maintained if a person is physically residing in Canada for at least
two years within any period of five years.
7. Younger people with in-demand qualifications and proficiency in English or French (it would best
if on both languages) are eligible for Canadian immigration as skilled workers.
8. There is a higher possibility to be an immigrant in Canada for those whose family members are
already established in Canada.
9. There are only a limited number of occupations that would be considered under the self-
employed category, such as an artist, writer, and a few others.
10. It would be best if visa applicants gain IELTS certification to prove that they can speak English
well and survive in a country where English is one of the main languages.
The items listed above are some items that one should take note of and consider. If you are planning to
live happily in Canada, complete your requirements as early as today.
More information here:
Immigration Info and Tips
IELTS Exam Information and Tips