Slides for the talk at the Docker Meetup Bamberg, 2017-07-06
Since Microsoft has released the new Windows Server 2016 in October 2016 its already been 8 months. Let’s take a closer look at what happened since then.
- What is a container
- What is a container image
- Different container isolations, Hyper-V container, Linux container on Windows
- How to build Docker images locally on Windows
- Demo of a mixed Docker swarm in Azure
- Demo of a Kubernetes cluster in Azure
- Image2Docker tool to dockerize traditional Windows apps
Kudos to Taylor Brown from Microsoft for most of the slides, Thanks to Kallie Bracken from Microsoft for the great tutorial videos to run a mixed Docker swarm.