A few days ago we were in Barcelona at the EDEN conference 2015 "expanding learning scenarios" to present objectives and results of PLAY4GUIDANCE: the european project (erasmus+) aimed at creating an innovative business game for learning and guidance. Dedicated to 2ndary level school and university students, to young unemployed and to all the related stakeholders. Follow us on www.play4guidance.eu
Matteo Uggeri, Stefano Menon
Fondazione Politecnico di Milano
9-12 June 2015, Barcelona
Background and introduction
• ERASMUS+ program, KA2 – Multi target project
• From 09/2014 to 08/2017
• Given an interesting business game, how to make of it a European
learning and guidance tool?
• The business game has been used several times at local level with
success. Why not to open to new borders?
• The partnership can count on pedagogues and IT developers from
universities, communication agencies, industrial associations.
• P4G aims at creating a new online business game useful to high
school, HEI students and unemployed both in terms of training
and guidance on entrepreneurial, transversal and mathematical
Questions and Offerings
• Achieved: 27 main competences selected through more than 50 literary
resources analysed, 133 people engaged in 15 focus groups in 5 different
countries, more than 900 surveys.
• Now working on the BG engine, Evaluation tool and toolkit.
• Next: 1 year of tests with different target groups: stakeholder first,
students and unemployed later to define a new innovative training
model. >500 p. involved. At the end: international competitions!
– The matrix: how to weight competences (importance) among different
countries / cultures? And with different targets?
– How to introduce the game as a “daily tool” in school programs?
• Sharing: Any other online game-based experience? Do you wish to
take part to test-actions? Any interest in joining the use of the game in
schools, in candidates selection, in Work Based Learning contexts?