Steelwedge Agility Webinar Series
Presenter: Peter Bolstorff, author of Supply Chain Excellence
Successful supply chain planning is not just a function of ‘doing more’ leading practices. The best supply chain planning organizations have picked appropriate leading practices as dictated by the markets they serve and integrated them together with their chosen technology platform to achieve competitive advantage.
Sales and operations planning (S&OP) is a foundational leading practice that cuts across all industries, according to Peter Bolstorff, an internationally recognized supply chain practitioner, speaker, educator, consultant and author. Actionable research from Mr. Bolstorff’s project experience suggests that in addition to S&OP, the best supply chain planning organizations have adopted seven principles:
1. Systematic management of ‘master data’
2. Synchronized S&OP, tactical planning, and execution processes and horizons
3. Mature collaborative processes for both key customers and suppliers reconciling forecast, orders, and yearly volume
4. Data oriented understanding of the inputs to the forecast
5. Intense focus on ‘point-of-sale’ or ‘sell through’ data (versus sales orders and ‘sell in’)
6. Disciplined product life cycle management process
7. A continuous improvement approach to understanding consumer or user behavior
Join Peter and Steelwedge for an interactive webinar featuring examples of these principles from some of the best demand-driven organizations.