WELCOME TO BIGGEST“INTER”SCHOOL QUIZGENERAL RULES FOR PRELIMS1. PRELIMS CONSISTS OF 25 QUESTI0ONS.2. QUESTIONS HAVE INTERNAL TIE BRAKERS IN THE CASE OF TIE-UP Tie breaking questions are the starred ones (from 21-25)3. TOP 6 TEAMS GET TO GO TO THE FINALS IRRESPECTIVE OFTHEIR HOUSES WHICH MEANS SELECTION IS BASED ONLY ONMERIT.4. +1 for right answer, no negative marking
CADBURY BOURNVILLE The Cadbury company named the above shown village “Bornville”. This is a village established by Cadbury and houses one of the earliest Cadbury factories.Cadbury named a chocolate “Bournville” to commemorate this village This was one of the cadbury factories
2) The name of the bird means “Stupid”in Portuguese and it inhabited island ofMauritius. Identify
DODO!! This is an extinct bird (About which we have already read in our books) which was killed by dutch settlers and domesticated animals of Mauritius. The last known bird was killed in 16th century
3) Name of the Language “X” is derived fromthe word “ʕibri” related to Jewish people. Thename is synonymous with Abraham’ssuccessor Eber. It is known as the “languageof the Jewish people” or “The Holy language”.Identify “X”
4) Recently the BPL (Below Poverty Line) was set at Rs 32 per day. This resulted in a great controversy asking the commission that framed this BPL to live at Rs 32 per day. The commission apparently shifted the blame to Tendulkar report. Which commission are we talking about and who is the head of it?
MONTEK SINGH AHLUWALIA AND THEPLANNING COMMISSION
MODERN ERA’S FIRST OLYMPICGAMESHeld in Panathaiko Stadium, Athens,Greece was the modern era’s first olympic games which was started primarily due to the efforts of Pierre de Coubertin. This was opened by King George I of Greece in which 14 nations participated in 43 events in 9 sport.
10) When Leonardo Da Vincidesigned it, it was pyramid shaped.Before that it was alwaysmanufactured dome shaped.Nowadays it always looks like awing. What are we referring to?
11 )X is a British manufacturer of ultraluxury cars. Previously this auto cowas known for its rotary aero enginesused in WW 1. Its business is basedin Crewe, Cheshire, England. It waspurchased in 1931 by Rolls-Roycebut the co is now owned Volkswagengroup, Germany. What company isX?
17) X was a city In India to be designed by a german architect called Otto Konigsberger. The designer had planned well spacious roads and well laid pavements. This city is also called toshali,kalinga nagari, Ekamra kanan,Ekamra kshetra etc.It has chandaka forest reserves in its vicinity.Identify X.
19) In Hindu mythology, X is the God of weather andwar.„X‟ is known as SAKKA in Pali, PHRA INN in Thai,Dìshìtiān in Chinese and Taishakuten in Japanese.Identify: „X‟ Detail of the Phra Prang, the central tower of the Wat Arun ("Temple of Dawn") in Bangkock - showing X.
20) The X was a national newspaper publishedin the United Kingdom from 1843 to 2011. It wasat one time the biggest selling English languagenewspaper in the world, and at closure still hadone of the highest English language circulations.The newspaper was first published as X on 1October 1843, by John Brown Bell in London.The papers motto was "All human life is there“Identify X.
SMITHSONIAN – THE MUSEUM OFNATURAL HISTORY This is the worlds largest museum
22*) What is being shown here? (Name of this is not needed)
TSANGPO CANYONThis is where the Brahmaputra river “U” turns towards India and the region where China was trying to build a dam to divert the tsangpo water. And finally this is the WORLDS LARGEST CANYON
23*) X was a three time F1 champion. He died in the san marino GP at tomburello corner. Identify X.
AYRTON SENNA HE was the person about whom a documentary was aired during Indian GP.