WHAT IS AN
An event can be described as a
public assembly for the
propose of celebration,
education, marketing or
Something that happens or is
regarded as happening, an
occurrence,especially of some
important to a sizable group
with motive of entertainment or
information, making it
noteworthy or memorable.
What are the types of events ?
1. Leisure events
2. Cultural events
3. Organizational events
4. Personal events
Events :- This category includes stage,
music, ghazal, dance, mimicry
shows, live concert leisure
sports and other recreational
and entertainment activities.
Involves higher cost and
advanced infrastructure as
these events are generally
telecasted on television.
Events:- Popular cultural event includes
ceremonial, religious, art,
social galleryshow, heritage,
theme parties, charitable
India having rich in heritage
and a strong cultural
background holds a varity of
festival throughout the year.
Events:- Organizational events includes trade biz,
B2B, B2C shows, national and
international seminars, training
programs, incentive tours, executive
meeting award ceremony.
They provide great opportunities for
Events:- The famous personal events include
wedding ceremonies, birthday, marriage
anniversary, annual picnics and other
Adding professional expertise to such
occasion not only make such events
special but also relieves families from the
extra burden of handling
• ‘Why’ means, why u want to organize the
event i.e. event objective what do you want to
get from the event? Defining event objectives
at the very start of event planning is very
important as it gives you the direction in which
you should proceed to accomplish your
objectives. Organizing an event without clear
objectives is a huge waste of both time and
• ‘What means what you are going to do in the
event i.e., what will be the: Event name, Food
and Beverage,Type of entry, Program menu,
• When you are going to the event (Date &
Time):Target audience, working days,
examination, festival time, no clash dates,
• Where are you going to organize the
event i.e., the venue.
• Who will be organizers,sponsors,
partners, client and target audience.
How many target audience are you
expecting to visit the event and why.You
must have very good reason to this‘Why’
as you will have to convince your
prospective organizers and sponsors for
that why particular number of people will
attend the event.
KEY STEPS IN
• Feasibility:Possibility of event, time, funds,
people involved and venue
• Timing: Clash of another major event, well
spaced if its of same kind.
• Finance:Source of revenue,figure out expected
expenditure and plan the budget.
• Marketing:Marketing strategies to be applied,
sponsorship,advertising ticket sales.
• Operational:Facilities,equipment and
sequence of event should be continuously
THE 5 C’S
• Conceptualization of creative idea.
• Calculation of cost of production and margin.
• For clients and sponsors, customer, audiences
• Bases on the preference of customer and
marketing objective of organization.
Carrying – out the event
• The execution of the event as planned