Importing citations from pub med medline to endnote
Importing Citations from
PubMed MEDLINE to
By: Stephanie Stebens, MLIS
1. Navigate to www.henryfordconnect.com/sladen.
2. Click on PubMed from the Quick Links Menu on the right
3. In PubMed, enter a search term in the search box (such as
macular degeneration) in order to generate a list of citations.
From the search results list, place a check-mark next to the
citations you wish to export to EndNote.
4. Using the Send To drop-down menu, select File and for the
Format select MEDLINE. Press Create File. Save the file to a
location on your computer such as the Desktop.
5. In EndNote, go to File – Import.
6. When the Import box appears, click on Choose File and select
the PubMed text file you just saved.
The file will appear in the Import Data File box.
Next, you need to select the appropriate filter for PubMed. In the
Import Option box, select Other Filters. Scroll through the list
till you see PubMed NLM. Press the Choose button. Press
7. Your references should now be imported. To view all the
references in your library, go to References – Show All