Small Business Profile
• Office Voice Communications
– Key System Unit (KSU) or Small
– Desk phones (10 in our example)
– FAX Machine
– Dial-up Modem for POS
– Standard phone lines from the
service provider (7 in our
• Tough economy, need to reduce costs
• Telecom solutions need to
– be dependable
– be Plug and Play
– be affordable
– have Fast ROI
Is this your business? The Stick will meet your needs!
• You can significantly reduce your phone
line costs /year ($1800/year in our
• ROI < 60 days
• Dependable - 99.99 reliability
• Plug & Play
• Easy installation
• Integrates easily to your existing
• Feature Rich
• Secure Access Codes (user defined)
• Excellent Support, Free Tech Support
• Proven experience:
• More than 600,000 devices
• More than 22 years of service
Key Product Features
• Line sharing – up to 4 devices sharing a single standard telephone line
• Programmable – accessible through a standard phone line connection to The Stick and programmable using touch tones.
• Caller ID Compatible – when the feature is enabled the Caller ID is presented. The feature is enabled by setting the “Ring to
Answer” parameter to more than 2 rings.
• DSL(Digital Subscriber Line) Compatible – The Stick connects just like your phone in a DSL scenario. The DSL filter is installed
between the DSL service connection and the line jack on The Stick. Analog devices (phones, FAX, Dialup modems) connect to
ports on The Stick.
• FAX Tone Detection – when activated, this feature allows The Stick to detect FAX/CNG (CalliNG) tones and connect the call to
the FAX port.
• Barge-In Protection – This feature prevents Barge-In on voice or data calls connected through The Stick. This becomes
especially useful when a data call is in progress, because it allows the data call to complete successfully.
• Security Access Code for Modem Port – A data call is only connected to the Modem Port when the calling Modem sends the
expected security access code. This is particularly useful when the dial-up modem connects to devices deemed critical and
security is a top priority. All other ports on The Stick have the Security Access Code feature as well.
• Call Transfer – A variety of transfer options are offered. These are especially useful because they enable special handling of
incoming calls during “after-hours” conditions.
Application – Key System Unit/PBXMulti-Link Inc.
You Save $1800/year
Lines Eliminated: 3
Cost per line: $600/year
Application – Key System Unit/PBX
The Stick – How it works
The Stick automatically answers
inbound calls and ‘screens’ for Fax
Tones (CNG) and/or Security Access
While performing the screening
function for both types of tones, a
high quality simulated ‘ring back’ is
generated to the calling party. After
the screening function is performed
the call is routed to the proper device,
Phone, Fax, or Modem.