Voice over LTE
IV th YEAR
• VoLTE-Voice over Long Term Evolution.
• It is based on the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
network, with specific profiles for control and media
planes of voice service on LTE defined by GSMA in
• VoLTE has up to three times more voice and data
capacity than 3G UMTS and up to six times more
than 2G GSM.
• In Asia Frequency bands For VoLTE is 800, 1800 and
In May 2014, Singtel introduced the world's first
commercial "full-featured" VoLTE service in Singapore,
only in combination with the Galaxy Note 3..Later on
samsung s6,sony z3+ etc..,
On 11 July 2015, SEATEL Cambodia announced the
world's first commercial 100% VoLTE service without
2G/3G in Cambodia
On June 30, 2016, YTL's YES launches 4G LTE service to
become Malaysia's FIRST VoLTE service provider.
Reliance Jio announced commercial launch of 100%
VoLTE service without 2G/3G based services in India
on 5th Sep 2016.
HD VOICE QUALITY
**ADAPTIVE MULTIRATE AUDIO CODEC
• Superior call quality.
• Improved coverage and connectivity.
• Better battery life
• Video calling
• High speed data transfer
• TRUE 4G Experience
• More Call Drops
• Limited to certain devices.
• No carrier interoperability.
• Pricing Changes.
• VoLTE brings a big change in communication
by delivering high quality voice and data and
it is ready for 5G&6G evolution.
• Nick Russell (3 March 2013). "Official Document
IR.92 - IMS Profile for Voice and SMS" (PDF).
GSMA. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
• Elkin, Ed (10 April 2014). "The Secret Value of
VoLTE". TMCnet. Retrieved14 September 2014.
• "SingTel, Samsung and Ericsson unveil world's first
full-featured Voice over LTE service". SingTel. 19
May 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.