US IT RECRUITER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. Tell me about yourself?
A) My name is XYZ, I am holding XYZ degree. I started recruitment career in the year XXXX. I
have placed many consultants to reputed clients.
2. What are the technologies you sourced profile till now?
A) Mainframe/SAP/Oracle/DB2/Java/.Net/UNIX/Linux/Dbase Admin/ etc
3. What is your experience in HR field and relevant experience?
A) I have X+ years’ experience as in recruitment process. Recruitment is the sub-process in HR.
HR Activities are Induction/Training/Payroll processing/Employee Grievance/Exit
4. What is recruitment process?
A) Requirements-Client/Account manager/Recruitment lead/passing requirement to
recruiter/Call up candidate/Get updated Resume/Check CV/Submit CV to account
manager/account manager process it to client/get feedback from client/setup interview/Closure
5. What are the methods used for sourcing profiles?
A) Methods – Job boards – and keyword search and Boolean search, Employee referrals,
Internet, Google groups, staffing agencies
6. Why you are looking for change? What is the main reason?
A) Better prospects and to effective utilization of my skills and abilities
7. They will be checking that whether you done end-to-end recruitment process at your
company or not?
A) Yes, I have involved complete life cycle of recruitment process
8. What are your roles and responsibilities at your organization?
Source, screen, interview, and evaluate candidates
Foster long-term relationships with candidates
Review and understand technical job requirement requirements
Review applicants to verify if position requirements are met
Format resumes meeting client expectations
Research new technologies
Create detailed job descriptions
Follow up with candidates
9. Have you faced any difficult situation till now? How you handle those?
A) Candidate not available at the time of interview, finding right source for right skills
10. How many positions will you close in a month?
A) In a month I will close 5 positions
11. Why do you want to work here?
A) I want to work here to increases my experience in broaden areas so that to maximize profit to
12. Tell me about a challenging situation that did not end well
A) Client is ready for interview but consultant went his hometown on personal urgent work.
Requirement is urgent.
13. How to Negotiation?
A) Resolving point of difference between two are more parties. It is basically win-win situation.
14. Who is a client?
A) Client means who provide salary
15. Who is a vendor?
A) Vendor is a ‘third party’, maintains good pool of Human resource
16. What are the most important points that a recruiter should keep
D) Primary and secondary skills
E) Roles and responsibilities
17. How important is knowing various Technologies in IT, and how is
it going to help in Recruiting?
A) Ability to understand technology and to keep abreast of technology trends at Client
Company, it helps to select right consultant to match right skills
18. How can the recruitment be done without the help of a vendor? If
the vendor is involved than what are the risks associated?
A) Carefully audit vendors to check rates, compliance issues, insurance status, and financial
19. What are the important points that you follow to judge the quality
of a candidate?
A) Commute, Rate, Willingness to re-locate, Willingness to BG check
20. What is a Background check and why it is done?
A) Criminal check, Credit check, Drugs check
21. Explain the Resume Screening Process on any of the Job Portal
22. What is required to become a good recruiter? What made you to
opt for Technical Recruiting?
A) Influencing, Negotiating, Persistence, Judgment, openness to feedback