Going to Wild Places I Could Only Dream About - Slideshow
Going to Wild Places I could only
Size of Accessible Tourism Market
• Almost 1 in 5 Australians has a disability.
ABS Survey of Disability ,Aging & Carers 2009
• People with a disability spend 8 billion a year
on Australian Tourism accounting for 11% of
total tourism expenditure.
• 88% of people with a disability take a holiday
Taken from National Visitor Survey (2003) as analysed by
Darcy & Dwyer (2008)
Promotion of Accessibility Equipment
• Facebook & YouTube
• Tourism Victoria & Tourism Australia
• Travel agents that specialise in holidays for
people with disabilities e.g. Travability
• Disability & Carer support organisations e.g.
Scope, Carers Victoria
• Disability Recreation Websites e.g. NICAN
• Community Events in Parks
A guide for the collection of accessibility information to
assist visitors with a disability, slow walkers, the elderly
and families with young children.
For further information visit the
Accessibility & Inclusion webpage at
www.parks.vic.gov.au or call 13 1963.