Digital Marketing Has
1994-1997 AD 1996-2000 AD 1999-current 2006 >>
Conversation is the
Our HQ – “Own Media”
Reaching Neighbors – ”Bought Media”
Cultivating Conversations – ”Earned Media”
Cyclical boosts short-term impact
= Constant impact
Redefining Digital Marketing
Case: Nokia Italia in Social Media
This is how it could have started....
Dilbert – Sept. 13 2010
...fortunately it didn’t go this way!
– Define a humble social mission statement
• We are the connecting people, PEOPLE. Yes. Let’s reflect that in
EVERYTHING we do.
– Translate organization complexity into
• Social Media has many masters @nokiaitalia: Marketing, PR, Care,
Sales, HR, Consumer insights, Strategy...
– Constantly monitor and optimize
• The editorial calendar is built to create conversations, to drive traffice to
own media and generate conversions
– Test, Learn and Listen
• Social media is not a broadcast channel, it’s a valuable consumer insight
Build a single presence in the main
1- Be where our customers are
2- Aggregate and publish the most valuable content
How Facebook helps nurture the digital
– In sept. 2010, 185k fans:
• Generated over 5M “incremental” impressions
• Exchanged 12k feedbacks (likes, comments, wall posts)
• Drove over 50k visitors to own media (resulting in sales, registrations)
22Source: Facebook insights (oct’10)