Perspectives of education
Establishment of university of
• The University of Education was established in 2002 as the
highest seat of learning in teacher education with clear goals and
objectives of producing quality teachers of international
• It is a multi campus university whose institutions and campus
are located in different metropolitan cities of Punjab province
The University of Education , Lahore
Ordinance , 2002.
• An ordinance to provide for the establishment of the University of
Education , Lahore. This ordinance may be called the University of
Education , Lahore ordinance 2002.
• Vision and Mission:
• Providing quality of education.
• provide certificate and degree programs.
• Make the teaching profession attractive to the youth by providing quality
• Bring education change in focusing on teacher education.
• Promote leadership and management skills among educational managers.
• Develop human resources for educational institutions and other areas of
high social and economic need.
• Establish linkages with national and international institutions and the
Teaching in the University:
• All recognized teaching in various courses shall be conducted by the
• Authority responsible organizing recognized for teaching shall be such as
may be prescribed.
• The courses and the curricula shall be such as may be prescribed.
• A degree shall be not be awarded to a student unless he/she has passed
the examination in the subjects as may be prescribed.
University open to all:
• University shall be open to all persons of either
sex , and of whatever religion race , creed , class
Officers of the University:
• The chancellor ,
• The vice chancellor ,
• The director ,
• The principals of the constituent colleges ,
• The director of administration and finance and such as other persons as
may be prescribed.
• Courses of the studies for degree, diplomas , and certificate of the
• Manner and method of teaching conducted in the university.
• Conduct of examination and discipline.
• Fees and other charges to be paid by students for admission to the
courses of studies.
• There shall be a fund of the University to be called The
University Fund to which shall be credited all monies
received by it from fees , donations , trust and all other