An Integrated Tourism Learning& Delivery System
* We at eTourismBook facilitate the Tourists and the Local Tourism Service Providers to offer a memorable and Authentic Holiday experience through seamless integration.* We cater to the tourists in the entire tourism lifecycle – from PLANNING to VALUE ADDING their choices, to allowing them to SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES. In the whole process we try to create deeper engagements through learning and through knowledge sharing.* We Leverage Web 3.0 by combining content with context based personalized search
* Most Tourism sites are fragmented and cover only certain aspects of the destination being covered.For e.g. it may cover the main tourist attractions, some key aspects of history and geography of the location; but fail to address the suggestions on what to eat, where to stay and the experiences that they can create for themselves.* The Tour Booking systems on the other hand try to provide very scanty information about the destination barring the information required for tour booking with very little freedom to the customer to choose his own Itinerary.* Moreover, the information on both literature and tour booking systems are on different formats and sites, so exchange of information is not possible and the user has to hop between two different sites/places.
*In either cases, they tend to focus on either the tourist or aid the tourism service providers (tour operators/aggregators).*While information may be available from different places, it may also not always be available in digital format and important local content may be absent, which necessitates that digital products are created to provide a satisfying user experience with very strong local and updated data.
*An Integrated platform for learning about tourism through ebooks, experts, engagements through technology enhanced mechanisms for both service providers and tourists to appreciate and truly experience a tourism destination.* Facilitatesboth selling and buying tourism products seamless and filled with Fun and Joy.
For Tourist* Help create a personalized itinerary.* Help achieve the best experience from clutter of information brochures of Tourist Destinations!* We offer an end to service delivery for the customised tours which can be personalised and help to integrate the learning aspect with the same.For Tourism Service Provider* If you a Tourism freak, a Destination Marketer, a Tourist Guide, a Language Expert, a Culinary Expert or any other local service provider but do not have a say in the tour packages being offered, we promote your services by connecting globally through our technology and the tourist databases*
* Nearly 260 million jobs worldwide are supported by Travel & Tourism – either directly in the industry or in related sectors.* For every tourist we have at least 30 people in the tourism value chain. Only 4-5 of them are tapped rest cannot contribute as they are isolated and cannot reach out to offer their service. We facilitate these service providers to be able to sell their wares.* The site would allow information in Text, books, Video and audio format with guiding maps to help direct the traveller and support the same for the execution of the transaction. It would also allow the local TSP to list and update their offerings to the discerning tourist including the last minute deals and generate revenues on bookings.
1.Travel & Tourism is one of the world’s leading industries, or economic sectors representing a major source of GDP and employment. The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) expects it to contribute almost US$7 trillion to the global economy.2.The global online travel segment is valued at nearly US$313 billion in 2012 according to PhoCusWright.3.We plan to position ourselves ahead of the major players in the market like Expedia and Orbitz with personalized service.4.Revenue of some travel ecommerce portals in 2011- * Expedia - $3.45 billion * Orbitz - $766.8 million * Priceline - $991 million
* Travelers are unable to find all information needed to take informed decision on their choice of destinations at one place.* Tourism service providers do not have enough material to recommend a particular destination to the discerning traveler.* Integrated approach to learning and Delivery of value added content on Tourism can be facilitated by the new advancements in technologies (web, mobile, tablets, cloud, augumented reality, etc), Web 3.0 and mashup technologies.
Dolly BhasinThe Team LeaderRajesh NairThe Dream WeaverApurve GuptaThe Web Chutney MakerAkanksha AnguralaThe eHostessSreenath ChintaThe eSolutionsArchitect
Shallabh Mittal The eBookerFakher OueslatilThe eConnectorRavi YThe BizDeveloperMay NyeinThe Cultural AmbassadresElisa EffendyThe eCook
The following experiments had been initiated for the OAP:*Face to Face meetings with Tourism value chain members*Online questionnaire for assessment link text*Find out student teams working on similar ideas (intourism, India, Culture/heritage) and cross verify the valueprepositions to seek alliance*Check for similar initiatives, already available*Check for eBooks, eLiterature, ezines, etc. ontravel/tourism*Brainstorm for New Name for the project which is catchyand conveys the theme
* We named the project eTourismBook* The team met around 22 value chain members, who are currently in some aspect of the tourism business Face to Face or on an online chat/ phone and every one showed positive inclination for the project and felt that the project needs to be pursued and they gave their suggestions how they can participate in the project.* There are about 60 responses so far and the major findings are: i) Hypothesis 1 is validated, Most Respondents do not use tourism service providers and want to self plan or some take the Travel agent route; this is because they find that the tourism service providers are unable to add value to their online purchases ii) Hypothesis 2 is also validated. iii) Hypothesis 3 is aptly validated as majority respondents use technology for tourism planning, research and post tour experience sharing.
* We found few teams working on tourism ideas contacted and cross participated in their hypothesis testing. Two most relevant were: Los Empresarios GoGetters others were in Hospitality and Restaurant related ventures.* We found two very similar products to our idea (though there are many differences) a. http://www.yellowleg.com - The independent travel store b. Schemer -http://youtu.be/evV9e8Ldq6o * Also found some interesting ebook/books on the subject The Savvy Operator - A Social Media Strategy for Tour & Activity Operators many eBooks are available on Amazon.com in ePub Format. Magazines like Conde Nast are available in digital format and so is an augumented reality showcase at National Geographic
* Based on the OAP we feel that the opportunity exists for this project* Considering that the market size is very large and the Tours market has the highest value add – we should be able to tap a reasonable market share* $ Value of MARKET: However, until we have a prototype, people are unable to comprehend as to what they will pay for the service and hence we need to develop the same and then go back to assess the exact $ value of the market* CHALLENGES: There are risks in being able to offer integrated services from independent service providers and yet maintain quality.